Tiger
Years ago

When will Daniel Eade stop??

When will this acredited NBL media person stop ridiculing the League. I've never heard him say a positive thing. It's people like him that hold the league back

Topic #30592 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think he tells the truth and how it is. Keep up the good work Mr Eade.

Reply #399867 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

^ Thanks Daniel Eade

Reply #399871 | Report this post

x  
Years ago

Yeah very good chance that actually was Eade.

Reply #399872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Although he is clearly a writer who will create controversy
for attention, he does has a fair few valid points.

-NBL announcing player of month awards weeks after the month is over

-NBL website poor updated. Ladder not updated consistently, stats too

-Kenneally has barely tweeted re NBL

-Plays of the week taking a good week to be uploaded (it appears no plays of the week anymore)

These are only a few points....
This is fast becoming a bush league when compare
to other Sports in Aus.

Reply #399875 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Monthly awards have to wait for the month's games to complete, then for the email to go out to media on a certain day, then media to have their voting period, then announced. May plan to have it announced on a certain day of the week to maximise press, I haven't checked. That makes for a minimum of a week's delay, plus weekends I guess.

I liked his breaking news last night that Wollongong and Massingale wouldn't be teaming up. Had been written about 4-5 days before!

Reply #399876 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

We all notice the small things the NBL doesn't get right but he constantly bangs on about them, and pretends he does it because he loves the league. It's crap. He is still pissed off that they turfed him from writing pathetic match previews so he wants some sort of payback.

Reply #399882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Euroleague and NBA both generally have game results up the within the hour of a games completion. (at worst)

Standings/Ladders are updated immediately.

Plays of the week Isaac? They seem to have completely disappeared.

Player of the month should take at most a week. Not 2-3.

Reply #399894 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

The whole "ladder wasn't updated" business happened over the Xmas break. Definitely not an ideal situation but making such a big deal out of it when the few NBL staff that exist were on holidays is pathetic.

Reply #399896 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Game results news stories are almost always already on the site within an hour of the game finishing.. Usually they get updated with crowd attendence etc when that info comes in.

Reply #399900 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Euroleague and NBA both generally have game results up the within the hour of a games completion. (at worst)
As in results or match reports? NBL have them up pretty quickly I think.

Ladder is often updated shortly after, though over the xmas break it was a bit crap. I suspect they have staff working typical hours when fans are often hitting the site outside of regular hours.

Can't speak for Plays of the Week, I rarely go to the NBL site. They should have them, yes. Perform provides the footage - ATF gets it up quickly.

Monthly awards seem to be announced on a Monday which can add a few days depending on when the voting due date is. The October email went out on November 1. Most recent one was a while after - maybe due to change over in staff?

The Sporting Pulse stats shit me. They're inexcusably bad IMO.

Reply #399906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jeez so many people happy to criticise. Did all the critics apply for the VACANT job of the NBL's communication manager? Maybe that's why those really important things haven't been done to your expectations.

Reply #399918 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'm pretty sure we can expect stats to work without having to apply for a job in communications in another state.

Reply #399924 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Isaac makes a fair point. the good state leagues and SEABL maintain their stats and ladders etc very quickly.

Reply #399925 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think the ladder could be tied in to the SP results (which paul has suggested the NBL dislike and are readying a move from). Sooner they're out of the picture, the better. They're woeful.

Reply #399926 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Sure. But whatever they use, the technology is there to do it quickly. I don't spend a lot of time following the NBL, but overall in the past ladders and box scores have been updated very quickly. But that cannot be personnel dependent. It just needs to happen.

Reply #399930 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The stats are live. The box scores are essentially there the very second the game finishes. Is the gripe there just the ladder? I hadn't noticed it lagging prior to the xmas period just been. Results match reports are also up quickly whenever I've checked. Plus the Twitter accounts post updates at the right times and after each quarter too.

Reply #399932 | Report this post

UP North  
Years ago

he'll stop when people stop reading his rubbish!

Reply #399935 | Report this post

Ferdinand  
Years ago

I believe if you check you will find that the NBL league office hasn't actually accredited Eade as a journalist for the past two seasons after the Melbourne Tigers raised an objection to his application. Given he doesn't write or report professionally for any recognised media organisation other than fan-based ones that anyone can contribute to, that is hardly surprising.

Reply #399947 | Report this post

FYI  
Years ago

NBL website sans the statistics is vastly improved over seasons past. Vision is prompt without being as super quick as the NBA's. Unrealistic to expect that though.
I believe the statistics are somewhat out of the NBL's control as they are dependent on the professionalism of Sporting Pulse. I have also heard that a deal has been struck to have Perform ( NBL.TV) run the entire shabang next season which could be very very good.

Reply #399949 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

There was also a complaint from another team, about two years ago too.

Reply #399950 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

FYI. You do realise Perform is Sportal (in effect).

Reply #399988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LMAO at the original post and poster - "It's people like him that hold the league back" ... Haven't read a great deal of what this Daniel Eade writes about the NBL but no matter what he's writing the cold, hard fact remains that the only thing holding the NBL back is the NBL.

Reply #399990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Daniel Eade is better than anyone from here, or Ozhoops. Dont be mad because hes out there doing it and reporting the facts, and get mad because you cant handle the truth or dont like what hes said.

Reply #400005 | Report this post

BJF  
Years ago

Curious to know what facts he has reported of late off his own back.

Reply #400007 | Report this post

Panther32  
Years ago

Here's my little IT whinge.... Why are we sponsored by iinet an internet provider who cannot produce an up to date app for the league? Displays last years fixture and results and live scores are now non existent it's a joke!
The end.

Reply #400014 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Daniel Eade, and "reporting facts" should not be used in the same sentence.

Reply #400021 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Panther, because I doubt iiNet create apps (they'd contract it out) nor would they really want to pay to have one made.

Reply #400025 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

And to support Isaac's comments further, because iiNet are not a rights holder. Their deal is a sponsorship deal.

Reply #400027 | Report this post

T  
Years ago

Maybe he should get off his throne and offer help to BA and the NBL

Reply #400044 | Report this post

Not Daniel Eade  
Years ago

He would get off the "throne", but as soon as he does, YOU GUYS will criticise him, just like you have here.

Get over him hes good for the NBL. Better than Boti or any other moron at the NBL.

Reply #400069 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

LOLOLOLOL
Boti has a wealth of experience and knowledge, a genuine passion for the sport, contacts, and a sense of humour.
Eade has none of those things. He just has too much time on his hands combined with a desire to be thought of as important.

Reply #400071 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

T. I hate those pithy comments where someone says he should get out and help BA. Cliche'd rubbish ... "better to be part of the solution than part of the problem....". Just crap.

Any commentator/writer/blogger can have an independent role to the organisation they write on. In fact they need to have an independent role.

Problem is, they then have a responsibility to be both researched and balanced in their criticism. Boti occasionally crosses that line, mainly because he gets carried away with his own witticisms, but Eade is at the other extreme in my opinion - poorly researched, not much verification of what he publishes and strange sentiment.

Reply #400085 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

A lot of Eade's suggestion are just a wishlist of what he would like to see, as most of us would (second Melbourne team, return of the Bullets). The problem is that a lot of these things are easier said that done, and he has zero idea about getting these ideas off the ground. He thinks just saying "they need to make x happen" is a sign of being a forward thinker but it doesn't take in to account any relevant issues in making those things happen.

He continues to bag the league for not going down the path that the Dragons demanded (before they walked away) but what he fails to recognise is that 7 of the other 8 teams disagreed with the Dragons stance, and that became 8 from 8 when the Tigers back-flipped.

Reply #400113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im sure this helps your cases.

Being done in season...only in the NBL

The NBL website will undergo maintenance over the next two days. We apologise for any inconveniences caused by these upgrades. #NBL

Reply #400114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's Daniel Eade's background in the sport and/or media?

Reply #400284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If what Eade says is causing a stir the NBL has problems.

Reply #400313 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Some of the logic written here defending Eade is very Eade-esque. I know why he is popular - he appeals to the comprehensively stupid.

Reply #400408 | Report this post

Slopernator  
Years ago

Amen. There's nothing wrong with people posting genuinely passionate articles with reasonable criticism, Boti does this all the time. But when this is done outside the bounds of the "media" (as Eade tends to do) all bets are off and facts play far less of a part when a media organisation doesn't have a reputation on the line. Credit to Eade for at least contributing to what little media profile the NBL can get but he's gone too far off the tree when it comes to reporting BS, particularly in the last 12 months or so.

Reply #400577 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:34 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754