Anonymous
Years ago

Tigers reach 4,000 members

Well done. Time for other teams to pull their socks up (not Perth or NZ obviously). Sydney in particular need to work harder

Topic #30629 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Due to lots of mini-memberships? Their main home stadium seats just 3500. Still, well done to the Tigers.

Reply #400659 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

great news that another club has stepped up. Hopefully they can make a good run at the playoffs and get some good crowds

Reply #400661 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Figure includes 5 game memberships, would like to know how many full season members hey seem to be selling out and going close to sell outs at SNAHC (3,500)

Reply #400664 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Sydney needs to get rid of their courtside announcer and all the music. Not sure if it's the same everywhere else but I went to a game with 5 people who were not NBL fans and none of em will be returning due to the constant music and maniacal Americanness of the MC.

Reply #400794 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

I'm a wildcats member and our announcer is tolerable and can do a bloody good job getting the crowd up as he did in 4th quarter during Crocs game but he did play pointless music at wrong stages and that didn't help the play.

I hear Adelaide's announcer is the worst though but I think announcers should be held accountable for how they perform even more so than players (players shooting 50% can win games more than an announcer that does the right thing half the time)

Oh and congratulations Melbourne/Victoria, good signs as I hear the Tigers owners are really pushing the community but still not enough to deserve a second team in Melbourne.

Reply #400848 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:50 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754