Reserves

F Zach Randolph (Memphis)
F David Lee (Golden State)
F LaMarcus Aldridge (Portland)
F Tim Duncan (San Antonio)
G James Harden (Houston)
G Tony Parker (San Antonio)
G Russell Westbrook (OKC)

I would have loved to see Stephen Curry make the West team but you really can't argue with the 3 guards who made it. I would've thought only one of Randolph and Lee could make it but the West back court has been kinda slim this year and both have been really good so pretty hard to knock those selections.

I think this is one of the first years where they've been pretty on the money with the reserves. Thoughts?

Topic #30632 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

Deron Williams will be pissed.

Quite a few first timers too.

Reply #400715 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Josh Smith too I think, especially since Noah AND Chandler made the team. Don't get me wrong, both those guys have been good this year but again, Smith's All Star entertainment value is alot higher. Would've expected only one of Chandler and Noah to make it.

Reply #400718 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

Can't really complain, no howlers, I would have preferred Lopez to Bosh and Curry deserves a spot but not at the expense of any of the guards in the West side.

The future looks bright for the NBA, so many young stars starting to come through!

Also, can we now claim our first Aussie AllStar???

Reply #400721 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Kyrie was born in Australia but is not Australian. To me he gave up that right when he said no to representing Australia & decided to stick with Team USA.

His right. And he has lived there since he was 2. But he isn't Australian. I'd prefer to be All-Starless than to try to cling onto any All-Star claimings, like when people say they're related to some celebrity through their mothers sisters husbands brothers set uncle who once slept with the celebrity's ex wife.

Reply #400724 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Would've taken Lopez over Deng but that's about all. Looking good otherwise

Reply #400725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about Marc Gasol should be in over Aldridge or Randolph I think overall West will dominate the East too many explosive scorers on the West

Reply #400733 | Report this post

UP North  
Years ago

gasol isnt playing that great - 13pts 7.4rebs

randolph has 16pts 11.6rebs

Reply #400748 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

AK the coaches pick the bench so I don't think they would care about Smith's entertainment value personally.

East I would have Lopez over Bosh, maybe Marc Gasol for the West instead of Lee.

Reply #400751 | Report this post

SamCro  
Years ago

Steph Curry is absolutely ripped off. Has been having a terrfic year IMO & has the Warriors playing great team basketball also. On the other side of the coin very, very happy to Jrue Holiday get his 1st Allstar Appearance. Jrue has been awesome for the 76ers this season & really deserves his spot on the East Team.

Reply #400754 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

DB5,

Yeah I understand that and I guess that's probably what worked against Smith. Ticked a few coaches off in his time! Just surprised to see Chandler and Noah in I guess.

Reply #400776 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

SamCro: so which guard would you swap Curry for if you think he was ripped off?

Off the top of my head, only B Lopez has a right to feel hard done by.

Reply #400943 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

I was also a little surprised that Deng was included.

It seems like a lot more of the players selected this her are great on both sides of the court and weren't just picked for their scoring.

I wonder if this means we'll actually see some D played this year?

Agree with Up North that Gasol not having a great year by his standards. His FG % in particular is low by his standards.

I think if Curry continues lighting it up for the rest of this year and the first half of next season he'll make the 2013-14 All Star game. The coaches seem to reward consistency and wait till players have had a couple of good years before handing out a spot.

Reply #400946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

deron williams should have made it and with rondo out i think he will

Reply #403586 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:47 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754