Anonymous
Years ago

Tigers @ Taipans Fri 25th Jan

Melbourne v Cairns about to start up in Cairns. Both teams wearing heritage uniforms again this game. Dusty Rychart still out for the Taipans with Shaun Bruce taking his place.

Topic #30635 | Report this topic

CT  
Years ago

Got given court-side tix! My friend chose the wrong game to pass on tonight...

1. Shane Edwards is definitely starting to show his quality. Huge tip-in dunk halfway through Q4 changed the momentum of the game completely.

2. Good to see some great rebounding from Edwards, and Tragardh too.

3. Tragardh made 18 but still looked off. Missed a few sitters, terrible from the free-throw line, kind of get the feeling his head's still not quite right after a series of low-scoring games.

4. Aaron Fearne's made a good decision in finally settling on preferred starting 5. Benching Steindl and giving Gliddon/Grabau more court time paid off tonight.

5. Brad Hill is a worry.

6. Cam Gliddon, 5 steals in one game? Nice.

Reply #400846 | Report this post

Daveo  
Years ago

CT - Steindl has been benched since the Allstar game and from memory only had one game over 10 mins (Perth last weekend). Wilson, Loughton, Trigger and Gliddon have started every game this season though.
Also, interesting stat. Gliddon had all 5 steals that happened in the game (Cairns 5, Melbourne 0). Wonder if that had ever happened before?

Reply #400850 | Report this post

Daveo  
Years ago

Not sure what is going on with Hill though CT. He seems down on confidence because of the lack of court time he has been getting

Reply #400852 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Does anyone know why I cannot watch the 4th quarter on NBL TV?

Reply #400891 | Report this post

snake watcher  
Years ago

Hill played pretty solid in his linited minutes.
Trying to play 3 players at same position. Tough on Styndl. Grabbau only 2 shot attempts after 23 point game 2 weeks ago. Same v Perth wtf.

Reply #400929 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Hill didn't seem to be down on his confidence when I saw him with two girls at Palm Cove a couple of weeks ago ;-) Hope he gets his mojo back though, he always seems on the verge of doing much better than he currently does.

Reply #400945 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Daveo, Steindl played big minutes at the start of the season (particularly 27 minutes against the 36ers in round 3 and 25 in round 5) and has averaged at about 15ish per game for rounds 1-12). He's been pretty anonymous though and has been slowly missing out to other players as the season's gone on, particularly as Grabau's gotten fit and Edwards has improved. Actually, in all the games leading up to the NY's game against the breakers he only once played less than ten minutes (round 8 against the Kings).

I think he's just showing the same kind of inconsistency that a lot of rookies have (and just like Drew Warren had last season) and has only gotten into double digits twice in all the games he's played, regardless of how much court time he's been given. Fearney's maybe realised that he's not quite ready to live up to the promise he was showing in pre-season.

Reply #400948 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

*15ish minutes

Reply #400949 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Who else is worried about Steindl's development?

Reply #400994 | Report this post

Daveo  
Years ago

So CT, 15 mins a game rounds 1-12 and what since?? I said not much since Allstar which is basically New Years where you mentioned. I agree he should get more clock, I was just highlighting the fact that he isn't an important part of the rotation because Fearne doesn't think he is good enough for big NBL minutes standard

Reply #401007 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Maybe I misunderstood what you were trying to say there Daveo.

Out of interest, do you (or any other snakes fans) think Steindl's someone who should be retained for next season?

Reply #401020 | Report this post

moo moo  
Years ago

steindls signed for 2 more years after this season .

Reply #401027 | Report this post

Daveo  
Years ago

Like moo moo said he signed a three year contract. Hopefully he comes good next season or it sill start looking like a big waste of money for the Taipans

Reply #401028 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:24 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754