driver
Years ago

Emotional let down

Heartbroken has captured me - a once proud club never beaten is now strugglintg to avoid wooden spoon and just no passion. seems only we supporters are the ones hurting because just not on faces of staff - maybe just resigned to defeat and thats not sixer way.PRIDE PASSION get some emotion -season done but SIXER SPIRIT WHERE IS IT WHERE ????

Topic #30651 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

What is it about Sixers fans that they don't understand the purpose of a game thread...?

Reply #401110 | Report this post

Years ago

after having a team that south australians could readily identify with - we have had some new faces - but if they are quality people that shouldnt matter.

this is just part of negative issues that people are looking at - if they were up the top we would love them.

everyone loves a winner more than a local.

some locals have been better players and teams in the past - i think that is what the perception is.

Reply #401118 | Report this post

driver  
Years ago

mick its not comment on the x's and o's - it to do with emotional turmoil and frustration of where basketball flagship is sailing.
its not losing or evening winning any more its the spirit.
of course if top then not a problem but teams can be 10 zip and play with passion in tiddly winks

Reply #401123 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

@Driver...

The Pride and Passion left the building when the fan base :

- Started booing their own team at home on National TV.
- Started weekly Sack Marty Threads.
- Started Weekly Sack Marty petitions.
- Started threads about which players to keep and sack when it was just after the All-Stars.

Very ironic that the sixer fan base should ask where the 'sixer' spirit' is when the answer is in the mirror.

Reply #401210 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Marcus, I think you'll find the flames of passion are there, but you must agree that Marty needs some major PR advice.

Reply #401216 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

MC i am of opinion MC has team on crusp of greatness - the positive performance at times have been exceptional - but when need something extra to drive to thw well of victory,goes pear shape. skills do go,it the belief the will, the intangible and thats gone.no Camby its player driven fans feed off the energy, its generated by the culture of the team. playing for more than the ball - adversity should steel the resolve.
its gone,the mirror MC has no structure/ back support its just glass see straight through to nothing

Reply #401223 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

The fans booed after they played worse than your local social basketball team..
- They booed because they were pissed off.
- They booed because for the past 20 or 30 years they have never seen a coach put together so much BS that it simply doesn't work.
- They booed because it doesn't matter what the players do on the floor. No one gets disciplined and the only person wearing any abuse is the poor Ref.
- I couldn't boo because I was at home and not the game, however as bad as it was, I would never hold anything against the loyal fans who chose to boo that day.

If someone booed me in my profession because I was constantly making a mess of something that I am paid to do and non productive in my tasks I would only have two options. Prove them wrong or find a new job (customer base).

Reply #401234 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

Exactly right ^^^

Today the Sixers got 5 straight turnovers then got rejected. Marty calls for time then steps onto the court and high fives every player as they come off!

Seriously! I lost my shit when I saw that!
1) how there wasn't a timeout called after 3 straight turnovers
2) how the hell wasn't Marty screaming at them as they came off

There is no accountability at all with Marty, yeah he's probably a great guy off the court and he is supportive but come on this is PROFESSIONAL SPORT!

In actually embarrassed for Marty Clarke and his family.....

Reply #401243 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

Who is 'Heartbroken'?
How did he capture you?
And if you really are imprisoned, how do you have access to the internet?

I reckon the OP is a troll, fellas!

Reply #401293 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

@FM I liked your last point.

I don't think there is enough 'booing' in the workplace.

Next time one of my colleagues does something wrong, instead of ignoring it, or offering constructive criticism, I am just going to stand above them and start booing (and hope they don't choose the 3rd option that you didn't mention: deck me).

Reply #401295 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

I'm taking my mate who's a 36ers fan to the wildcats game Friday week and I sure hope you get some heart as I'm not sure he wants to come to watch a team without hope and be drowned out by 12000 screaming Perth fans.

We know Adelaide's mojo will return but how many ate sticking around for it?

Reply #401346 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:13 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754