An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:55 am, Wed 17 Sep 2014 | Posts: 514,923 | Last 7 days: 1,188

Dunk Basketball Uniforms  

Advertising spot currently available.
Minimum three month period (1.5+ million page views, 92% Australian).
Email isaac@triplezero.com.au for rates and options.

Important notice: In recent weeks, multiple IP addresses have been handed over to lawyers regarding potentially defamatory posts on Hoops. Please remember that you are responsible for what you post and that if requested by a lawyer to provide identifying information, I will comply.

Mick
Last year

Bogut back today (maybe)

Bogut will warm up today and see how he feels. "Gametime" decision.

Report this topic

Anonymous
Last year
07:49 29 Jan 13

Reply #401369

re: Bogut back today (maybe)

Great News

Report this post

sitiveni
Last year
09:28 29 Jan 13

Reply #401379

He wont play. thats stupid, he is either fit and ready to play or he isnt. Man this injury is weird

Report this post

Jake
Last year
09:37 29 Jan 13

Reply #401384

I agree sitiveni............no point rushing back now to be out for the season.

Hopeully the bigman gets some luck and can string some games together

Report this post

Mick
Last year
09:42 29 Jan 13

Reply #401388

He has been declared fit and ready to play for months.

He is sitting out due to his own personal choice, apparently, not the team's.

Report this post

natwhereyouat
Last year
10:05 29 Jan 13

Reply #401397

He's not only playing today but starting.

Report this post

Bobby Tables
Last year
10:43 29 Jan 13

Reply #401400

What Nat said, starting and scored the Warriors first 2...hopefully he has a good one...

Report this post

Loco
Last year
10:48 29 Jan 13

Reply #401404

Good call - he's starting and has already scored / taken boards.

Report this post

The Situation
Last year
11:27 29 Jan 13

Reply #401418

Funny re: Bogut back today (maybe)

I interpreted "Bogut back today maybe" to mean which body part he will injury next.

Report this post

Thirty Suxers
Last year
11:41 29 Jan 13

Reply #401427

http://www.nba.com/tvc/index.html?gamecode=20130128/GSWTOR&brand=NBA&ls=iref:nbahpgt[0021200659]

Bogut has hada great return so far! Scoring and rebounding

Report this post

Mystro
Last year
11:55 29 Jan 13

Reply #401440

i that's the case The Situation, I've got $10 on an elbow

Report this post

Beekayz
Last year
12:21 29 Jan 13

Reply #401453

Wow.
Impressive comeback from injury!
Is it too much to say that a healthy Bogut turns GS from a playoff team to a title contender?

Report this post

Beekayz
Last year
12:39 29 Jan 13

Reply #401464

side note: love the S shaped slashing offence Curry and Thompson run when they're both on the court.

Report this post

thedoctor
Last year
12:40 29 Jan 13

Reply #401466

Having a good game in limited minutes. 10 points, 8 boards and 4 blocks in 20 minutes. He's on for the last few minutes of a tight game

Report this post

Triton 95
Last year
12:43 29 Jan 13

Reply #401471

Do they really want him back? What ever the Warriors are doing is working without him. He will slow down their offence too much imo.

Report this post

XY
Last year
12:50 29 Jan 13

Reply #401472

The Situation, how on earth did you manage to send your email tomorrow? Can you please send me all of the results from your place there in the future, as I would like to make a few bets.

Report this post

XY
Last year
12:50 29 Jan 13

Reply #401473

*post*

Report this post

Beekayz
Last year
13:01 29 Jan 13

Reply #401475

Golden State 114 Raptors 102

Bogut played 24 minutes and went 6-8 (12 pts), 8 boards (7 D), 2 assists, 1 steal, 4 blocks!!! and 2 TOs.

While there was a little rust, he played as well as the stat line suggests, and contributed much of what GS has been lacking (drawing double teams inside, screens etc).

David Lee thrived with the big man help, scoring 21 points with 12 rebounds and 7 assists.

7 players in total were in double figures for the Warriors including all of the starting 5.

Another stat of note was that 62 of their points were in the paint (almost double the Raptors).

Report this post

thedoctor
Last year
13:04 29 Jan 13

Reply #401476

The Situation = Marty McFly

Report this post

Beekayz
Last year
13:05 29 Jan 13

Reply #401478

@ XY I was wondering the same thing! lol

@ Triton 95 of course they want him back. They might have been winning without him, but as they go into the playoffs, especially if they go deeper than the first round, there is no way they'll win a 7 game series against some of the better teams without him.

Having him on their roster is the difference between them making up the numbers and being a genuine threat.

Report this post

Triton 95
Last year
13:07 29 Jan 13

Reply #401480

Ok, I eat my words from earlier. He played really well and the Warriors are rolling. Who knows they may get home advantage in the first round of the playoffs.

Report this post

Mick
Last year
14:22 29 Jan 13

Reply #401503

How did his elbow look? Is he still going to his left more than his right?

Last time I saw him play his arm/elbow issues were still obviously bothering him. I'm pretty sure he said after he hurt it that it will never be better than 80% for the rest of his career or something to that effect...

Report this post

Vart
Last year
14:31 29 Jan 13

Reply #401505

His first move was a post-up, spin into the lane for a left handed baby hook. There was a couple of dunks. Not sure about the other three made field goals. He didnt shoot any free-throws, you can always tell if the elbow is bothering him when he goes to the line.

Mark Jackson said "He was great, you can tell we're a different basketball team with him on the floor. It's great to have him, makes me a better coach. He makes guys better and completes us as a team"

Report this post

Anonymous
Last year
15:51 29 Jan 13

Reply #401523

Bogut went left more than right before he did his elbow. Main reason he could still play the year after it happened.

Report this post

Ingles13
Last year
16:33 29 Jan 13

Reply #401535

Haven't seen much warriors games but I wish them well. They deserve a playoff birth as they have a crazy good arena and fans. Not sure if they're a contender as its only a matter of time before Curry misses time with an ankle injury but it woul be fun watching them vs the West powerhouses in the playoffs

Report this post

XY
Last year
17:00 29 Jan 13

Reply #401542

Now that the Situation is back to posting in the past, my post no longer makes much sense. The strange time warp must have resolved itself. Paranormal events affecting Hoops? Spookey.

Report this post

Beekayz
Last year
17:08 29 Jan 13

Reply #401545

@Ingles13 Curry actually missed the last part of today's game in Toronto after re-aggravating his ankle injury.

If they can keep him and Bogut healthy they should do well for the remainder of the season. Curry is posting some crazy good numbers at the moment. His 3 point shooting, in particular, is off the charts for someone who shoots them so regularly.

Report this post

Bobby Tables
Last year
09:48 30 Jan 13

Reply #401651

Bogut and Curry both out today against Cleveland - Jackson has said Bogut won't play back to back nights until mid February.

Report this post

LC
Last year
12:04 30 Jan 13

Reply #401686

Great comeback game by Bogut! He will play no more than 25 min a game and will sit out the second game in back to back's as previously outlined.

He looked like he had spring in his step again whcih was encouraging.

How good will GSW be if they can all be healthy??!!

Report this post

Beekayz
Last year
12:24 30 Jan 13

Reply #401692

@ Bobby Tables Not only Bogut and Curry, but Carl Landry and Harrison Barnes are also out with injury.

But with Klay Thompson already scoring 30 points and going 6 for 7 from 3 point land with a quarter left to play, and Jarrett Jack stepping in with 11 assists so far, it looks like they'll still beat the Cavaliers (Kyrie Irving not having a good game).

Report this post

Beekayz
Last year
13:18 30 Jan 13

Reply #401699

Warriors ended up winning 108 - 95
The team shot around 54% from the field & 69% from 3 point range!!!!

Thompson had 32 with 7 boards & 3 blocks, Jack scored 26 with 12 assists and Lee had 20 points, 13 rebounds and 8 assists.

Overall, great team effort considering 3 of their starting 5 and Landry (who averages 26 minutes a game) weren't playing.

Irving ended up with only 14 points and 4 assists.

Report this post

Bobby Tables
Last year
15:56 30 Jan 13

Reply #401739

Like I said at the start of the year, when healthy, GSW are a playoff team (on paper) - and it's great to see that even with 3 players out, they managed to still get an away win over a struggling team.

If they can maintain form, we could be looking at a GSW/Memphis first round playoff match, which would be a cracker.

Report this post

Beekayz
Last year
16:12 30 Jan 13

Reply #401745

@ Bobby Tables They'll definitely need Bogut if that is the case.
GSW were killed by Memphis's offensive rebounding last time they played.

Report this post

Reply to this topic

Name Email

Random name suggestion for anonymous posters: Pug 59

Title
Rules: You must read the Terms of Use. No spam, no offensive material, no sniping at other clubs, no 'who cares?'-type comments, no naming or bashing under 18 players.
Please proof-read your post before submitting as you will not be able to edit it afterwards.

Aussie Basketball Travellers

Recent Posts