Mate
Years ago

Bad News For Joe Ingles, Barca Signed Brad Oleson

Well, that should about do it for Ingles' career in Barca. Barca just paid a €1 million euros buyout to get Brad Oleson, and signed him through the 2015-16 season, at €1 million euros per season.

So, I would say that pretty much means the they will be cutting Ingles as soon as they can.

Topic #30671 | Report this topic

Mate  
Years ago

Edit: *Bad* News

Reply #401426 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Well he has already been dropped from their ACB roster, although I dont know that means they will cut him.

Realistically, Joe has got the learning he needs from Barcelona and now needs to go somewhere where he can play.

Reply #401429 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Or could be a replacement for Joe as he is off to the NBA next season ;)

Reply #401430 | Report this post

Mate  
Years ago

Olympiacos lost Vangelis Mantzaris to an ACL tear. They need another ball handler that can play defense and that can hit a 3.

Maybe he should try to get moved there. Although, their rotation would be even harder to crack than Barca's, at least if he did make it, in replacing Mantzaris' role (if he could do so) - he would have the perfect situation he needs.

As he could handle the ball more. Then again, you have to be able to be a knock down 3 point shooter to play in that team to spread the floor for Spanoulis. And you have to be able to guard both the 1 and 2 positions also. So, probably a bit out of Ingles' ability.

Still, you never know. As Olympiacos now needs to sign someone.

Reply #401434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It wouldnt be the worst thing in the world if he came back to the NBL... I mean lets face it he would probably be hands down the best player in the league. You aren't going to get much NBA interest playing 5 minutes a game in europe... it is atleast conceivable that he could come here... average 20 be the big fish in a small pond and get the interest that Cedric and Flynn have gained. Adelaide should give him a call, will they? no!

Reply #401504 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Whilst it will never happen, I agree Anon. By coming back to the NBL for a season, it will be very clear for scouts to see just how much he has improved. Unfortunately Ingles might put all this down to a case of bad contract management. If he had of run his contact to expire at the end of last season, he'd probably be in the NBA right now.

Reply #401506 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Not going to be going to NBA next season. Too much of a risk for any NBA team. Word is he is keen to get out of contract ASAP and sign to another euro team where he can get his minutes and still play for a strong club. Not coming back to NBL that's for sure

Reply #401564 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

this is the thing in life, be it business, investment opportunities or sport. you get doors that open and opportunities that present themselves and you have to take them, very rarely do they come again. i just dont think Joe took his chance after a great olympic campaign with Barca when he was starting and getting good minutes.

Reply #401595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Barca are fkn dumb. The coach has created a toxic environment and the team are not playing loose. Everyone's hesitant to play there natural game in fear of getting dragged for missing shots and not finishing plays. No one knows there role. The team is a mess. The starting lineup has changed so many times, I've lost count. If the coach wanted to get the most out if Joe, watch the fkn London tape. Put the ball in his hands, let his run the offence. On a brighter note, last euro game, Joe had 12 point in 14 minutes and now there gonna sit him. NEK minute

Reply #401603 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

I do agree, they are all ove the place. different starting lineups, different minutes for different players all the time.

Reply #401608 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

Should be looking to go somewhere which is part of the euroleague. Look what Baynes did. Why can't Joe do the same. Sure you might get smashed when you play the heavy weights, but at least you score 20 against them and people take notice.

Reply #401655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There are rumours Memphis want Jinga

Reply #401695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Barca are fkn dumb. The coach has created a toxic environment and the team are not playing loose. Everyone's hesitant to play there natural game in fear of getting dragged for missing shots and not finishing plays. No one knows there role. The team is a mess. The starting lineup has changed so many times, I've lost count. If the coach wanted to get the most out if Joe, watch the fkn London tape. Put the ball in his hands, let his run the offence. On a brighter note, last euro game, Joe had 12 point in 14 minutes and now there gonna sit him. NEK minute

No way in hell is a team of Barca's level and at Euroleague going to put the game in Ingles' hands. Not when they have much better players like Huertas, Lorbek, Mickeal, Navarro.

Be realistic. He's not even remotely as good with the ball in his hands as Huertas and Navarro are.

Reply #402002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Realistically they would put the ball in his hands coming off the bench. Sixth man type of impact.

Reply #406538 | Report this post

PHS 09  
Years ago

He's getting old now , and he doesn't have the body Baynes has. He should either come back or go to china

Reply #406547 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:12 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754