Smith
Years ago

Ken cole bid fails

channel 7 just reported that ken coles bit to take over the 6ers has failed due to "a american backer pulling out"

Topic #30673 | Report this topic

FYI  
Years ago

People tell me there never was a backer just old king cole living on passed glories with empty pockets.

Negative basketball stories are always broken by channel 7 an not the other networks

Reply #401558 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Is this the end?

Reply #401567 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

FYI, hit that one on the head. Channel 7 has never been a strong supporter of the Sixers unless there's a title involved.

Reply #401571 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

......he was a merry old soul.

Reply #401573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

amazing how far a name will get you in this town

how this pie-in-the-sky even got press in the first place amazes me

money talks and you know what BS just did...

Reply #401576 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

So Jordan decided, in the end, that he didn't want ownership of a 2nd basketball team?

bummer :(

Reply #401579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Channel 7 has never been a strong supporter of the Sixers unless there's a title involved."

Like a lot of their fans....

Reply #401581 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Meh, community model is the way to go anyway

Reply #401582 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like the due diligence on Cole was done. Anyone one that ever believed that that his bid was ever going to be successful was foolish.

Reply #401585 | Report this post

tropical booz  
Years ago

Cal Bruton has done it also. In the know with ex players who have multi millions from the NBA. Smart people with money tend to keep it or invest it wisely.

Was a merry old sole was he....

Reply #401593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bruton and Cole should be mentioned in the same sentence.

Reply #401594 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

So how many other bids are still out there?

Reply #401635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

FYI
Yesterday
18:31 29 Jan 13

Reply #401558

re: Ken cole bid fails

People tell me there never was a backer just old king cole living on passed glories with empty pockets.

Negative basketball stories are always broken by channel 7 an not the other networks

FYI.... Ken Cole has more money than you will probly see in your life time,

Reply #401636 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Channel 7 are shockers when it comes to basketball. Seems they only do a Sixers story when they have a loss, or something negative.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. When you pay mega dollars to the AFL machine, you need to ensure that the AFL gets as much publicity as it can so you can charge as much for advertisers to recoup those TV rights.

As Hinch would say. Shame, shame, shame.

Reply #401641 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ken Cole having more money than you will probably see in your lifetime? Rubbish.Why would he need a backer if that was the case.
Cole is very good at spending other people's money. Just like a few other NBL owners have done in years past.

Reply #401646 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Bring back Chris Fuss and Fast Eddie?

Who knows what will happen at this point.

Reply #401650 | Report this post

FYI  
Years ago

yep sure you know your stuff alright there Anon

Reply #401652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great decision. Cole would be the end of the Sixers once and for all.

Reply #401676 | Report this post

Gruff  
Years ago

The bid hasn't failed yet. He only lost one backer. he is trying to replace that person. So it isn't dead yet.

For those too young to remember, Ken Cole was the greatest coach the 36ers ever had and a hell of a nice guy. He's a character and the NBL needs characters.

Reply #401700 | Report this post

Triton  
Years ago

Only won 1 Championship.

He didnt do so well when he was coaching Newcastle. Didnt make even 1 finals series.

Just like Smyth, easy to be a good coach when your team is soending 3x more $'s than the other teams on players.

Reply #401701 | Report this post

Shano  
Years ago

He would've win more if he wasn't dumped triton. The mans an icon. Loved watching his team at Apollo, reason for me supporting the 36ers( even if it a shadow of the great club it once was)

Reply #401703 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Maybe the old boy was smoking a little to much of the home grown when he had the idea to "Buy" the sixers!

Reply #401708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gruff, are you commenting that the bid isn't dead yet because you are in the know? Or are you just assuming that because a backer has pulled out that there is still a chance?

Reply #401711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gruff for those who have been around long enough, we have seen enough of the past history with Ken Cole enough to believe big on ideas little on substance.

Reply #401715 | Report this post

FYI  
Years ago

^^ +1 to that
full of best intentions little of follow through or delivery. Still doesn't look good when you are out recruiting players and staff. Just messing people around.

Reply #401736 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

How many really believed Cole bid was really going to happen .
The guy is and always was full of S--t.
Lets hope there is a serious alternative around .

Reply #401755 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Seems the 36ers owners , vide a media release , took Ken Cole's bid seriously , although hoolahoops : ' I haven't met you , so I cain't really say . I hope you get your act together soon . '

Reply #401768 | Report this post

Gruff  
Years ago

Not in the know. Just read that he is trying to replace the guy who pulled out. KC isn't full of S#!t as some may suggest. He has grand ideas and very few are willing to take the risks on ideas he has. He's a visionary and like most visionaries he's mocked instead of supported. To be honest, given his health, I didn't think the offer he made was going to succeed. However, he always has a reason for doing the things he does and doesn't let anyone know until after he has succeeded.

Reply #402167 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:30 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754