.com
Years ago

will the comp committee..... ?

bite the bullet and enforce some relegation to teams after summer.

i.e. no wins and a % of less than 40 means you are in the wrong div !

Topic #30686 | Report this topic

Ariel 59  
Years ago

But how will the weaker teams recruit if they can't guarentee a div 1 spot to div members from other clubs?

Reply #401791 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

No BSA won't. They've been pretty clear on their position and will stick with it, for better or worse.

Reply #401793 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Will the CEO and Commission instruct the comp committee to ......

Give us more than the 5 week crap blocks of round we get?

Give us a season of Summer that is shorter and completed by Christmas?

Give us back U20 on Friday night as U23 is starting to fail?

Give us a new High performance program?

Give us evenness of home and away games ?

Give us a sponsor like ETSA/Subway to promote juniors ?

Give us a better offering for Senior Basketball in this state?

I know Christmas has come and gone, but they may look under the tree one more time for a box full of hope, because I placed one under there , I know I did !

Reply #401826 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Sorry one more,

Give us a home and away comp for U23 rather than the crap we have every week

Reply #401827 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

A central spot for U23 has its advantages over home and away. Players in U23 usually have their car licence and can drive themselves to games whereas other junior players rely on mum and dad. By having a central stadium it's able to be more social which is what the players want as well.

Friday night might be a better night, but what do the players want? Is it better to have it mid week and they can party on a Friday night, or have it on a Friday night and combine it with a party atmosphere after the game?

Reply #401829 | Report this post

.com  
Years ago

think u23s prefer - 7.20 game on a tues than 10pm on a fri

Reply #401831 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

deliver what your customer wants

Reply #401832 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

I think they would prefer to play some games at their home club rather than at the 10pm Tuesday slot on Adelaide Arena Three.

Ask your customer what they want!!

Remember, this is BSA we are talking about , they don't listen to anyone.

If they did, we would promote ABA and move to a 27 game season and have Boti do a spread in the Advertiser to promote the upcoming season.

Come on guys, who are we kidding here.

Take yourself as a Div3 U18 second year doing year twelve at Forestville and play every game at Morphett Vale or Marion. You wouldn't mind if you got a ten o'clock game at home, but at Marion week in, week out for 4 years is a reason they have have so many forfeits

Jack, I really like your topics, but so so what you have this time is way off the mark.

Reply #401889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How ironic is a Forestville person citing a lack of home games...

Reply #401906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Under 23 YL at AA is great.

And no customers want a 27 game ABL season. The customers are the paying junior players. More ABL = higher fees, more drain on resources.

ABL players are not the customers.

Reply #401909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And how could BSA get Boti to do a spread for the Advertiser? He doesn't work for BSA.

Perhaps they just don't listen to people without a clue...

Reply #401928 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Perhaps this is why people like you write on this site and don't get involved and understand what people want .

The end

Reply #401932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would just like the upcoming fixtures, like now... If you have more than one child to get to different venues, because it cant be worked out better than it is,,, the one thing that can be fixed is getting us out the teams we are playing, and venues. Is that asking to much!!!! Its why people new to this sport find other sport that let them organize their lives somewhat better, and basketball loses out. Where am I going to be Friday....JUST ASKING!!!

Reply #402602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will they promote a second Forestville team in Under 16 Boys to div 2 ? Looking at results they should. They must; if this is the elite competition looking to develop the best young talent. Div 2 should be absolutely competitive week in week out. So will they promote Forrestville ?

Reply #403249 | Report this post

Slick  
Years ago

I am sure they have more pressing issues to deal with, like the fact one of the members is poaching players from his old club!

Reply #403252 | Report this post

slicker  
Years ago

Also the same person didn't go to the first meeting and made some lame excuse, but was spotted at a stadium

Reply #403304 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:20 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754