Spursfan
Years ago

The Lakers are back on track

With Kobe actually giving up the rock in the last three games, the Lakers' offense looks rejuvenated. Everyone is moving with purpose, and their defense (although still not great) is feeding off their offensive success and is so much better. It's only a three game sample, but I truly think the Lakers are back. Everyone is high-fiving and patting each other on the back with every good play. Dwight is still playing sloppy, but his offensive smarts is picking up. It's a snowball effect when Kobe dishes the rock.

Where do you guys think the Lakers are at?

Topic #30687 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where there at , is 4 games out from the 8th spot in the west

Reply #401777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah they are playing a lot better the past few games. The way they are playing is the best way to get the most out of the players with Kobe at the point. Nash is one of the best spot up shooters in the NBA ever. So having him off the ball at times isn't necessarily a bad thing. Earl Clark spreads the floor. Gasol off the bench allows him to play at the 5 more. Dwight has more energy on D. It's clicking right now. The upcoming road trip is key. Then again, the Grammy road trip is always key to how the Lakers go this season.

Reply #401780 | Report this post

X  
Years ago

Kobe over the last three:

16.3 ppg
8.7 rpg
13 apg

59% FG

Reply #401785 | Report this post

dribbler  
Years ago

Seems like Kobe finally figured out he can't outscore a whole team by himself.

Reply #401816 | Report this post

SMA  
Years ago

Looking ok but need to Trade Howard and make a run after All Star break.

6th seed in West. 1st Rnd upset over Clippers. 2nd Rnd exit in 6.

Reply #401817 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Looking forward to #TheReturn of........ Earl Clark to Phoenix today... Oh and Steve Nash

Reply #401821 | Report this post

Moron > Ingles13  
Years ago

Yeah lakers certainly look better. As a lakers fan it's great to see the ball that we were expecting.

It seems after that meeting things may have changed. Howard said a couple of days ago that people realise their roles. Biggest thing is that he said his role is to get every up and about defensively and not worry about offense. If he means this then that's huge!

Today will be a test. Lakers on the road and on a back to back have been poor at best. If they're serious about playoffs then this is the game to get.

If lakers make playoffs, they're the last team any of the top 4 would want.

Ps haven't heard any kobetard comments from ingles lately. Could it be that the cancer is actually the number reason for the lakers recent form and change???

Reply #401836 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

I really don't think they need to trade Howard if they keep performing like this. The team really needs defense, and Howard is their best defender. Also, toes aren't being stepped on in regards to ball sharing.

The playoffs is when the paint really needs to be protected, so that's where Howard will come into his own.

Reply #401839 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

I like some of the high low action between Gasol & Howard that has happened in the last couple of games.

If they keep building the chemistry and Kobe keeps passing they will be tough!

Reply #401847 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

The above said if they make the playoff's (thats an if) i think the best few teams in the west (OKC,LAC,SAS) will get them over a 7 game seris as they lack depth.

Reply #401848 | Report this post

Triton 95  
Years ago

I still think they will make playoffs but they will come up against the 1st or 2nd seeds in the west and not have home court advantage in the 1st round, this means they will probably be knocked out round 1 of the playoffs.

Reply #401850 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I think this shows how pointless Steve Nash is to the whole equation...

Reply #401893 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Or maybe his recent play of passing the ball has proven me right? (again)

Reply #401910 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice way to get backin track with another loss....

Reply #401954 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

> Back on track
> Lose to 15th seed suns

Lol @ that choke job by Kobe and the lakers

Reply #401957 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Dwight gone, Gasol at center = possibly back.

Reply #401976 | Report this post

SMA  
Years ago

Dwight for 2 wings and/or draft pick to open floor.

Puts Gasol back in paint and living of Nash.

Kobe keep sharing it to succeed!!

Reply #401983 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

Kobe for MVP Kobe for MVP oh my god this guy is amazing.

Reply #401990 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:42 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754