Doctor E
Years ago

Axel Dench

Just a suggestion for a big man to partner Cooper. Dench missed out on a roster spot last year so may come cheaply. He has his critics, but I quite like him. Can shoot it. Would possibly thrive in that role under Smyth who lets players shoot. Has good size too.

To me he seems like a much better option than Rees or Hambour. Thoughts?

Oh, yeah. And Smyth selected him for the Boomers. He must think he's alright.

Topic #3069 | Report this topic

Pegs  
Years ago

And he makes a good Wookie :-)

Reply #35079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would rather Pero....of the Australian kind.

Reply #35081 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

i think hw would be a great fit. I find it hard to believe he cant get a spot on a roster.

Reply #35084 | Report this post

saint Nick  
Years ago

Where is he playing currently? Is he living in Australia on a full time basis or residing over seas and playing his basketball in Europe somewhere?

If he could come at a price that the sixers could accommodate him and he is willing to accept, why not.

Reply #35085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The rumour on Ozhoops a year ago is that he rejected an offer worth $40,000.

After signing an import do the Sixers have $50,000 or so left with also $25,000 for a development player?

Reply #35086 | Report this post

Stephon  
Years ago

Dench has been playing in Europe and as such I believe he is rated the maximum 10 by default under the current system.

Just highlights the flaws with the current system as returning NCAA players are rated fairly low (eg see Sydney Kings with Barlow, Kendall, Worthington and another target from Dunlap's US College).

Therefore under the current system Andrew Bogut would be given a very low rating and Dench would be a max player!

It has been well publicised that Farley has been offered the maximum salary possible for next year(allowing for Maher's return and 2 other minimum development players).

Therefore the only way I see Dench or indeed any other decent big man such as Moore signing with the 36ers is if Maher doesn't return.

If Maher returns then I am almost certain we will go Farley (or a replacement import) and two development players.

Its just the reality of the current cap and the fact we are following it.

Reply #35087 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

Dench would be a good fit but i would rather see maher and farley and two development players

Reply #35106 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:14 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754