NBL KINGS
Years ago

Cairns Taipans V.S Melbourne Tigers

Thread for cairns taipans v.s tigers.
what do you think about the game so far? who will get the win?
whats your guess on the score?
mine: CAIRNS 64-TIGERS 59

Topic #30717 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Years ago

pretty decent game so far, nice and close

Reply #402416 | Report this post

Juno 71  
Years ago

Tigers d won them the game. Taipans are prob done now. Don't use Trigger effectively

Reply #402424 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

I thought Leaving Wilson off the court for that extended period in the 3rd quarter changed the game. That's when Cairns turned the ball over 3 times in a row without even getting into their offence and the Tigers went from playing catch-up to playing catch-me-if-you-can.

I was wondering whether Wilson had been injured, given he stayed off until the Tigers got 5 points ahead. About a 10-0 or 12-0 run? Especially as Cairns clearly couldn't run their offence without him.

Reply #402428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers defence didn't win them the game. Cairns lost themselves the game. The tigers play such undisciplined and selfish basketball. Gouldings shot selection should be dragged.....instead it seems to be encouraged. The 2 imports are clearly all about points and it shows. 3 rebounds from Scott in 38 mins is appalling. The amount of one out basketball from the tigers is really hard to watch. They were lucky today and if they do happen to make finals it will purely be to make up numbers.

Reply #402437 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

"They were lucky today and if they do happen to make finals it will purely be to make up numbers."

that goes for anyone that finishes 3rd and 4th

Reply #402446 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Thought Wilson and Edwards started pretty good .
Later , Flynn and Scott got going .
Perhaps those 4 the main interst to watch . this game out there today .
Some viewers call it Timeoutsville .
Seems 'everyone can make the finals , other than the Adelaide 36ers , of course ' - they mentioned on Ch10 coverage of this game .

Reply #402449 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

@KingJames Nailed it.

Should just dispense with the prelims and make it a best of 7 between NZ & Perth.

Far more entertaining.

Reply #402452 | Report this post

Triton 95  
Years ago

The Taipans decided towards the end that Melbourn were nice guys so they let them win, or something like that.

Reply #402545 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:48 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754