Paul Rogers
Tiny Pinder
Shawn Redhage
James Harvey
Mike Ellis

Topic #30731 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone think Cal Bruton should be in the top ten all time wildcat players?

Reply #402694 | Report this post

Simo  
Years ago

Yes definitely instead of Harvey

Reply #402695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think he should be in there too, but going by positions, good people are always going to miss out..

Reply #402706 | Report this post

Cats82  
Years ago

Harvs played a big part in the 2000 championship along side rogers. Happy with that team! Congrats to the club on what they have done over the 30yrs! Had a few lean yrs but where back and a bigger!

Reply #402710 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

At least there is a South Aussie in the Wildcats 30th AAST. Well done Paul Rogers.

Reply #402713 | Report this post

Pointguard  
Years ago

I would take out Redhage and add Cattalini

Reply #402716 | Report this post

Red  
Years ago

My choice was

Crawford
Vlahov
Redhage
Grace
Lisch

Rogers
Fisher
Ronaldson
Ellis
Bruton

Reply #402718 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Cal Bruton was named General Manager on the 30th team. As a point guard he was always going to be overlooked by Ricky Grace and Mike Ellis. And as great as he is, a 3 season playing career in Perth probably wasn't enough to get him on the team.

Catallini only played at the start and end of his career. His best basketball was with the 36ers and Taipans. Plus he'd be competing with JC, Fish, Vlahov and Redhage. Tough to get ahead of those guys.

I'd put Anthony Stewart ahead of Harvey, but I have no issue with him being there. Shooting guard is our weakest position historically.

Reply #402723 | Report this post

Pointguard  
Years ago

Catallini only played at the start and end of his career. His best basketball was with the 36ers and Taipans. Plus he'd be competing with JC, Fish, Vlahov and Redhage. Tough to get ahead of those guys.

Yeah I know but a cracking bloke with a heart like Pharlap and I am a Taipans fan so a little biased

Reply #402769 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Dont like Harvey in there! maybe if he wasnt kicked out of WA...

Reply #402797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stewie.

Reply #402802 | Report this post

Roger Kakulas  
Years ago

Lichti?

Reply #402838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah Harvey was a gun but i dont like him in there either. There is no reason why bruton couldn't be put in there as a shooting guard. After all, JC wasn't a true center and vlahov was more a power forward but played out of position most of their careers.

Reply #402842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lichti was all class! If going for pure talent he'd be right up there. Rashad Tucker deserves a mention also but unfortunately got himself kicked out of wa

Reply #402843 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

Back in the 90's I used to often call Martin Catallini either:

A) Cartin Matallini

or

B) Martin Tortellini

Good times.

Reply #402851 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Didn't the Wildcats have Marcus Timmins?

I'd trust him to give his all out there over Tiny Pinder

Steven Black could play shooting guard aswell and I think he was unlucky to miss out

Reply #402853 | Report this post

Gaylord Focker  
Years ago

Marcus Timmons vs Tiny Pinder?
Leaving Tiny's law breaking tendencies aside, the man was a monster baller. He is surely one of the unquestionable locks in this team.
Timmons had a purple patch for one season but nowhere near the quality, consistency and longevity of Tiny.

Reply #402891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No way pinder should be overlooked! Who can forget his tomahawks and rainbow jumpers. Timmons was unbelievable during the 99/00 playoff series but is not one of the wildcats greats

Reply #402908 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Didn't Timmons also shaft the Wildcats with a "I'm going overseas to play, and by that I mean the Melbourne Tigers" excuse for not re-signing?

Reply #402910 | Report this post

vodka 24  
Years ago

Lichti didn't play enough seasons (3 plus a bit?)to be in contention.
Would have walked it in easily.
Cats have a thing about Cal Bruton so everyone had better just accept it. Jersey No.55 should be retired...FACT!
Harvey's best 4 seasons were better than Stewie's. Stewie was incredibly popular but this isn't a popularity list.
I still think it should have been a list of 12.

Reply #402933 | Report this post

Gaylord Focker  
Years ago

Timmons did screw the Wildcats by lying his way out of a contract. Also screwed the Tigers as he never lived up to the potential he showed.

Reply #402937 | Report this post

vodka 24  
Years ago

He won a GF for them. His Game 2 vs Titans in 2000 was fantastic.

Reply #402940 | Report this post

Gaylord Focker  
Years ago

Agreed vodka 24.. He owned that GF series, hence his GF MVP trophy.

Reply #402942 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Of course he lied! Timmons was a great baller but the cats should never have trusted a man with a mo like his

Reply #403004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crawford, Bruton & Ellis definitely. Without doubt.

Reply #403027 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Bruton is an NBL legend - not just a wildcats legend. Plus his wildcats careers was more renowned OFF the court rather than on it. He was great for drumming up publicity, getting the Cats popular in the late 80's, and as a general manager, getting the signatures of Pinder, Crawford and Grace.

Plus he was a championship winning COACH in 1990. The 30th anniversary team is specifically for PLAYERS who had a great contribution to the club on the court - not off it! Hence why Pinder was selected...

Cal a legend, but his greatest achievements as a wildcat were not on the court, but off it.

Reply #403053 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:32 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754