Jesters
Years ago

Clint Steindl

Clint came in this season as the most high profile rookie with high expectations from everyone around (I remember pretty much every fantasy team preseason had his name in there) but lately has struggled to even get on the court. What has happened?
I personally think he is a NBL level player, in the 6th-8th spot on a team.

Topic #30747 | Report this topic

orbit  
Years ago

All star!!

Reply #403105 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Makes his all star call up look like an absolute joke to the league

Reply #403108 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Struggled with the phyiscal play of the league....Sometimes it takes guys a few years to adjust coming out of college...look at Ben Allen was a star on the SMC team that went deep into the tourney and he is still trying to get used to NBL level bball.

It just shows not every D1 college player is going to cut it against men...however that said i think he will adjust and have a nice solid NBL career in due course.

Reply #403114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he's either injured or fallen out of flavor with coach

he's gone from playing a solid 15 mins a game to nil

Reply #403119 | Report this post

Naph  
Years ago

Allen was a role-player for SMC. Had a small role his junior year and as a senior was 4th in minutes, 4th in scoring, 2nd in rebounding, 3rd in assists. It was a reasonably sized role, but I think its a stretch to call him a star. If you don't like "role-player" for a starter, that's fine, but its still a stretch to call him a star. McConnell, Samhan and Delly were all significantly more important to that team that year.

Steindl was essentially the same. Played a 5th/6th man sort of role (started a bit but was replaced by Holt). Was used to space the floor and stretch the defense with his perimeter shooting.

Reply #403121 | Report this post

GTS  
Years ago

There was a write up this week in the Cairns Post with Fearne saying his shooting was OK but until his defence and rebounds picked up Hill and Grabau would be playing before him

Reply #403127 | Report this post

Triton 95  
Years ago

Needs to advance his game, if he is not shooting well he has nothing.

Reply #403175 | Report this post

hoopdiddy  
Years ago

Could Clint cut ties with Cairns? Apparently he doesn't like it there and clearly he's not being played or developed. I say Crocs are interested. Useful recruitment improvement over Cedars.

Reply #403381 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Would be great backing up Todd Blanchfield, as he is currently the only true 3 on the team.

Closer to home (Mackay) for him too.

Reply #403406 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:24 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754