Android6
Years ago

AIS Guard Mirko Djeric joins Hawks

According to this article: http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/1286971/talented-teen-jumps-in-to-help-the-hawks/?cs=302

"A Bankstown junior and Australian under-19 rep, the strapping guard is in his third year at the Australian Institute of Sport and was part of Serbian club Partizan's squad last year."

Topic #30752 | Report this topic

UP North  
Years ago

he trialled for Partizan...

Reply #403190 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Good for Mirko, that should be a great learning experience for him. Gordie and Rhys Martin will have plenty of knowledge to pass on.

Reply #403192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Rhys Martin your new Lindsay Tait Paul?

Good news for the Hawks, hopefully they can get back on track and make the playoffs.

Reply #403207 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

No, Lindsay Tait is still my Lindsay Tait. But Rhys Martin might be my Rhys Martin?

Reply #403209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thought you had gone quiet on Linday lately!

Rhys was having a supurb season until his injury and one of my favourite players to watch.

As for Mirko, what type of player is he? Any NBL comparisons?

Reply #403221 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Ive only seen him at the U17 WCs but he looked a smart, pass first PG who struggles to score but can get on a roll, as he did in the SF when he smoked Croatia with seven triples!

Reply #403235 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

For his age he has great court vision and I think under Gordie he could turn into a true pure point guard.

Reply #403250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great Pickup

really nothing to lose from this with him playing against grant and deleon daily

NBL should bring in a rule where teams can sign a under 21 development player at the midpoint of the season with no points cap

Reply #403269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This kid is an excellent young PG. Great pick up for the HAWKS !

Reply #403276 | Report this post

Xx  
Years ago

Freakish from range. Saw him at nationals last year, and the three balls we has dropping were, for the use of a better word... Filthy. This kid can shoot the rock.

Reply #403281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dudes a scrub... patchy spot up shooter with a predictable passing game.. nothing special

Reply #403285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Had a great debut.....Did Not Play Coaches Decision

Reply #403343 | Report this post

Who Me?  
Years ago

So, will he stay with the Hawks now, or head to Launceston for the National U20's next week?

Reply #403354 | Report this post

rusty  
Years ago

He is staying with the hawks but will miss the first game or two at Launceston.

Reply #403450 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:39 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754