jay ray
Years ago

Will Bogut ever get back to previous form?

Just wondering if Andrew Bogut will ever be back to His great form. Friday nite, 27.41 minutes, @ 3 for 3, 6 points and 7 rebounds. I think that the NBA just wore Him out.

Topic #30774 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

He has said that his arm/elbow will never be properly healed, and will always be around 80-90%.

Ankle injuries on a guy that size don't heal overnight either.

Reply #403471 | Report this post

sircreate  
Years ago

The guys 4-5 games in from a second come back from an injury that side lined him for over a year. He's winded after 5 minutes and isnt allowed to exceed 25mins a game right now. Also he's not going to be the offensive focus at times like he was with the Bucks, with Lee and a bunch of shooters around him you'll see him racking up alot more assists compared to the past to points once he gets some more games in with the team.

Lets give him a month before we jump to conclusions.

Reply #403473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you watch the games he's playing very well, he's just playing a different role now. Doesn't need to score like he did with the Bucks.

Reply #403476 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

Wow, 5 games back and asking if he is done as a big time player.

Reply #403481 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

I think with time he can and should average a double double for the warriors. That combined with 2 blocks a game is exactly what the warriors are after, they already have the scoring.

Reply #403487 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

He will be a good player but wont ever be an allstar which to be honest as a no. 1 pick you should ne an all star player. without the injuries i think he would have been in the all star game 2 seasons back or even last year.

Reply #403489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so what he had a bit of an average game. hes not fully back yet, i think he can average a double double easily

Reply #403490 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Without the injuries he would have been the best defensive centre of his era.

Reply #403492 | Report this post

SMA  
Years ago

Don't think he's quite ready to return to the NBL just yet. Slow and steady return this time might be the key to his long term success.

Will be a key factor come play off time when the Warriors will need his interior D and post O.

Reply #403496 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^Mick^^^ - He is in the same era of Dwight Howard.

Reply #403497 | Report this post

jay ray  
Years ago

Settle down boys, I was just wondering. Keep in mind, I'm not judging or condeming. Most people on this site are just to sensative when someone asks for an oppinion that might bring them back to reality!

Reply #403500 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I consider him on par with Howard (at least for that one season before he went down).

Howard is better at the glamour stuff, but Bogut's know-how and grit were above anything Howard has ever shown me.

Howard's breadth of work is obviously undeniable, he has played at that high level defensively for many seasons while Bogut really only had a couple where he was dominant. From that small sample size though, Bogut was on par or close behind Howard defensively.

Reply #403502 | Report this post

NBL KINGS  
Years ago

will he ever come back to the nbl?

Reply #403536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not even close. Howard is far superior to Bogut defensively even prior to Bogut's injury. Howard's defensive activity & mobility clearly sets him apart from Bogut.

Reply #403565 | Report this post

Japorms  
Years ago

he posted on facebook for his basketball academy. saying that parennts shouldn't be worried much about grading for their kids. hard work is the key to success.

like it sounds he dont need to be an all star. but he's still blocking shots and hope he can slowly go back to his defense that affects the how the whole team plays D

Reply #403590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have watched 3 of his game since the return and he has been far better than his stats suggest. The warriors don't need more scorers, they need interior defence and he is giving them exactly that. His offense will come along as he gets used to playing heavy minutes again.

Reply #403646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't he have the winning block three games ago for the win against Dallas? A week is a long time in Basketball.

Reply #403658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have you guys watched Howard this year? Awful on the defensive end.

Reply #403660 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I've seen most of his games since his return and he has generally been very solid. At times he has really made great plays as well. He still has great timing for blocking shots, great body control to avoid fouling, has made some great passes and is generally showing good touch around the rim.

I think after only a few games back, he is doing very well and will only get better if he stays healthy. By the time the playoffs roll around, hopefully he and his team-mates will be on the same page with their defence and they could go deep into post-season.

Reply #403858 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:35 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754