NBL kings
Years ago

Make Darnell Lazare a starter! kings next

watching that kings v.s breakers game yesterday, i'm thinking.
why the hell is lazare not a starter?
he was playing amazing, got 25 points, 11 rebounds, got the shot into overtime,
and he's not a starter? and people are saying that he won't be on the kings next season? this game proves how important he is to the team, and how great he can play. he should defiantly be a starter, and the kings should defiantly stay on the team, keep the team how it is, getting rid of lazare, and replacing him with someone else would be stupid, keep him on the team, this game shows how well the kings, and lazare can play.

Topic #30775 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

So you're getting excited because he had a good game. Why didn't you come up with this observation the game before when he scored 2 points? Or the game before that where he scored 4 points? That doesn't sound too amazing to me.

He is good enough to start for them but then they would have barely any talent on the bench. Is he this amazing player because he had a good game? definitely not! Should Sydney keep him next season? Maybe, but probably not.

Reply #403510 | Report this post

NBL KINGS  
Years ago

replacing him on the team would be a stupid idea, changing the imports every season will just effect negativly most likely, honeslty keep the same players for a couple of seasons, let them build up some chemistry

Reply #403516 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

starting isn't everything, minutes are minutes.

Reply #403523 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Well he is good enough to get the start and gets minutes but I think he could be explosive off the bench and if he is hurt by Hammer not starting him then GREAT, take it out on the opposition.

They should keep their starting lineup as Crosswhite, Garlepp, White, Madgen and Henry.

That would leave Dann, Lazarre, Harvey, Bruce and Martin and that is a quality second unit that should be hungry and installs confidence in Garlepp and White and hopefully (for the Kings organization) they prove themselves worthy of starting.

Good conversation starter though mate

Reply #403554 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Who cares about whether he starts, how about that left handed dunk on Vukona!!

Reply #403556 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Hi my name is Manu Ginobilli, some say i'm the most important player on my team. I do still play 35 minutes when it counts, oh and the play gets run for me when we need a bucket to win, but this damn coach of mine has no idea, i never start, we'll never win like this.

Reply #403560 | Report this post

NBL KINGS  
Years ago

Yeah, that dunk was nice

Reply #403563 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Imagining him defiantly being a starter...

Reply #403616 | Report this post

Sportsnut  
Years ago

Darnell Lazare is not a starter becaus shane is using him as a scapegoat in case they dont make the finals. Darnell has made no mistakes than anyone else on the kings and deserve better!

And if Kevin White is a starter then the NBL is truly a SHIT league.

Reply #403667 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

@Melbourne Boy Some might say that he's the most important player on their team....but they'd be wrong!

Still plays 35 minutes when it counts? Once...maybe twice this season he's gotten above 30 minutes.

Their most important players are still Parker and Duncan, and then fresh air, and then MAYBE Ginobili (only 1 L in his name)

Reply #403689 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

White was replacing Bruce in the starting line up, you'll find that I think Garlepp had replaced Lazare the last few games... I don't mind that to mix things up, even though I think it started off as Tommy was just putting in more effort and Shane was rewarding that... Other teams bring quality players off the bench... if memory serves, Hudson started over Pledger this round, and Redhage had previously come oft the bench as well... If you think even further back, Dontaye Draper was consistently coming off the bench in his season, it's not about where you start the game, it's how you contribute and how it ends up...

Reply #403693 | Report this post

j  
Years ago

Reply #403712 | Report this post

NBL KINGS  
Years ago

Aaron bruce was injured i think, he will deffinitly be starter when he comes back, and i will be annoyied if garlepp is still starter in stead of lazare next game.

Reply #403713 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

@j Was doing to add to this thread, but how could I compete with your post?

Game over!

Reply #403767 | Report this post

Sportsnut  
Years ago

Wookiee, as you mention Hudson replacing Pledger and Redhage coming off the bench you fail to note the Hudson-Breakers are #1 and Redhage-Perth #2 in the nbl and both team can afford to mix things up. The Kings are on a losing streak and in desperate need of a WIN! They need to put their best players in the starting lineup to increase their chances of getting a win to avoid missing the finals.

I repeat.. If kevin white is a starter the nbl is SHIT and the Kings can kiss the playoffs GOODBYE!

Reply #403859 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Beekayz, Manu's minutes increase every playoffs, who cares about the regular season when the team is guaranteed to finish top 2 in the west. Spurs manage their roster better than anyone, they even get fined for it.
Parker and Duncan you know what your gonna get, Ginobilli steps up when it matters and his role is increased in the crunch games.

Reply #403872 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

"Spurs manage their roster better than anyone, they even get fined for it."

@Melbourne Boy Well, at least there's one thing we agree on :)

Reply #403876 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Ill defend myself here. It's not that Kevin White is the best small forward on the team and should start. It's that Sydney had Anatoly Bose and after he left they haven't done much to fill in that position.

To me Madgen is a shooting guard and I want him playing that role, so Aaron Bruce can be a spark off the bench.

James Harvey is also a shooting guard but I guess he can play some small forward.

Graham Dann (sucks) is a small forward but is playing centre.

So in a team that are much better than we thought at seasons start we still have a team too short and too reliant on players playing out of position. I agree that this league is shit if Kevin White starts but unless I had Garlepp/Dann/Lazarre (any variety) as my starting forwards White gets my nod... But hey if I was in charge I would get rid of Luke Martin and have Bruce as back up point, Harvey as back up shooting guard, white back up small forward, Lazarre as spark off the bench and get a big (any big) to come in and just bang around inside and help box out on the rebounds... But I'm not in charge

Reply #403899 | Report this post

NBL KINGs  
Years ago

best starting kings team:
IAN CROSSWHITE
DARNELL LAZARE
BEN MADGEN
AARON BRUCE
CORIN HENRY
not sure if james harvey should be starter or not, he played really well for his first game back at the kingdome agaisnt the breakers

Reply #403908 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:41 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754