Isaac
Years ago

NBL team MVP predictions?

Adelaide - Johnson (some have said Gibson, but DJ is top five in scoring and rebounding)
Melbourne - Flynn (strong in scoring and assists)
New Zealand - Jackson (league MVP favourite)
Perth - Knight (second in the team in scoring, top rebounder; Lisch the other option)
Wollongong - Deleon and Forman joint? (only particularly tough one I think; Deleon leading scorer, but Forman has scored OK, leading in rebounding and blocks, 45% 3P)
Sydney - Madgen (strong scorer and around Henry's mark for APG, etc)
Townsville - Ervin (league MVP chance, having a great season)
Cairns - Wilson (scoring and assists, no other Taipan has done too well)

Topic #30818 | Report this topic

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

I'm a little biased, but Forman > Deleon for club MVP. Just having Forman on the floor is a game-changer, let alone his stellar production this season. Deleon has just been far too inconsistent game-to-game and even quarter-to-quarter.

Such a shame Rhys Martin went down injured, otherwise he would've been the unanimous decision.

Reply #404345 | Report this post

JimmyBuckets  
Years ago

Pretty spot on Isaac imo,

Good to see 2 SA guys in the mix, pity neither in a 36ers uniform.

Reply #404366 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Flynn might not be that far ahead with Scott probably taking MVP in the first 6 games as well as probably playing better then Flynn in a few other games. Also Goulding might have got a few MVP games so the winner for the Tigers comes down to the rest of the season IMO.

Adelaide - Johnson
Perth - Lisch (only due to Knight being out for several games)
New Zealand - Jackson
Wollongong - Deleon
Sydney - Madgen
Townsville - Ervin
Cairns - Wilson

Reply #404370 | Report this post

Dazzman  
Years ago

Have to agree with King James regarding Matthew Knight's abscence during the middle part of the season. Would Jesse Wagstaff be a chance in Perth?
Forman certainly gets the nod over Deleon too.

Reply #404372 | Report this post

UP North  
Years ago

not sure Wilson will get Cairns' award - but then again, who will? Tragardh?

Reply #404373 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

UP North, no one else IMO. The rest's numbers have been pretty average.

Agreed that Rhys Martin would've been a great option for Wollongong. Deleon would've been an easier pick but for shooting them out of a few games. I'd go joint award.

Forgot about Knight missing games. Lisch maybe in that case.

Reply #404377 | Report this post

Android6  
Years ago

Rhys Martin would have been hands down for Hawks.
Forman should get it now.

Reply #404385 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Wagstaff was awesome early in the season whilst Redhage was a bit subpar but since Redhage has caught fire and Wagstaff has battled injury (missed one game), Wagstaff hasn't been as impressive but still been solid and I think it would be interesting to see where in the pecking order Martin is after some of his performances

Reply #404393 | Report this post

NBL KINGS  
Years ago

sydney will deffintly be madgen
johhny flynn for tigers

Reply #404410 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

I think Gibson's Adelaide's MVP. Numbers might not support that but without him I'd hate to think of where we'd be right now..

Reply #404430 | Report this post

Pure Silk  
Years ago

I doubt it will be DJ for us. My thoughts are Gibbo , Knight , Flynn , Ervin , Deleon , Wilson , Jackson and Madgen . Runner Ups , Petrie or DJ , Goulding , Crosswhite , Loughton , Nevill , D.Martin , Forman and for NZ Daylight :)

Reply #404471 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

DJ's numbers, other than assists, steals and 3-point percentage, are better than Gibbo's.

Gibson - 11.3 points, 3.8 rebs, 5.0 assists, 0.9 steals, 0.1 blocks, FG% .394, 3FG% .337, FT% .757

Johnson - 16.4 points, 8.0 rebs, 1.1 assists, 0.5 steals, 0.5 blocks, FG% .400, 3FG% .250, FT% .761

Reply #404474 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

Adelaide is a lock for 2 things:
Wooden Spoon
DJ winning MVP

Reply #404478 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

If its based on stats then DJ for 6ers, but if its based on actually having the best effect on the team when playing, then Gibson should get it.

Reply #404483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dj will be taking over the mantle from Ballinger as a moderately decent but not spectacular player to win the 36ers MVP with disastrous team results.

Sad to think of how much harder it was to win the award when the team was A very good, and B there was so many worthy candidates! DJ doesnt get close on an even half decent 6ers team. his shot selection is part of the reason the 6ers suck as so much runs through him offensively! Oh and he doesnt play D... for him to win it shows how bad the 6ers are going really.

Reply #404649 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Crosswhite has had a better season than Madgen in terms of Effifiency.

Reply #404731 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:25 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754