Oz
Years ago

Joe Ingles Replaced By Xavier Rabaseda In EL

Another bad development for Ingles. In Barca's last Euroleague game, Xavier Rabaseda replaced Joe Ingles in the rotation as Barca's backup small forward.

Topic #30840 | Report this topic

Youknow ME  
Years ago

I reckon it would be a counter-intuitive upgrade for him to come to the NBL. come here, showcase it all.. be the best most versatile player in the league then NBA might see all of his skills showcased. wont happen on the end of a Euro bench!

Reply #404769 | Report this post

DJ YALLAH  
Years ago

Quite the fall from grace. Have not heard much NBA hype lately?

Reply #404774 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Hel be back on the MBA radar if he cut his hair and got some tatts

Reply #404783 | Report this post

Uncle fester  
Years ago

Remember guys, Barcelona is an NBA level club. He does not need to come to Nbl, rather just a lower rung Spanish team where he can be a top3 player.

Reply #404855 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't he get NBA offers after the olympics but chose to stay with Barca?

Reply #404864 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

Life is about opportunities and taking them when they appear. Joe looks like he has lost his.

Reply #404870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't he get NBA offers after the olympics but chose to stay with Barca?

>

Actually Barca chose to keep him if I remember right. It was their choice. They liked how he played at the Olympics, so they decided to keep him and move out Chuck Eidson, to free up playing time for him, since he had been on their bench before that.

Since then, they seem to just be finding a away to get rid of him.

Honestly, I've been watching most of their games in Euroleague, and he's nothing but an 8-10 guy at best on that team. He would be a higher rated player in most NBA teams, because most NBA teams have less talent than Barca does.

Reply #405015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Remember guys, Barcelona is an NBA level club. He does not need to come to Nbl, rather just a lower rung Spanish team where he can be a top3 player.

>

Barca is better than most NBA teams. He does not need to go to a lower ACB team. In most NBA teams he would play more. Barca is way better than any NBA lottery team for example.

Reply #405016 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Come back to Nbl....lol, why would he bother

Reply #405018 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I nearly choked on my cornflakes!!!!

He would be higher than a top 8-10 player on most teams???

Wow, I know he is Aussie, but settle down.

He would be 11-15 if he is lucky, and most likely D League fodder.

David Andersen and Nathan Jawai are prime examples. Playing better than Joe is/has in Europe, yet could not stick in the NBA.

Reply #405019 | Report this post

Rick  
Years ago

Barca is definitely better than most NBA teams. It's a lot harder to play in Barca than in probably half of the teams in the NBA.

It's clear that very few Australian basketball fans have the slightest clue about high the level is in big Euroleague clubs.

The best Euroleague clubs would destroy the lower NBA teams, at the very least.

Reply #405240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Destroy? Enough said. How do you debate with people like this? Destroy? WOW

Reply #405304 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I would love to see an international post season knock out style basketball tournament (best 6 Euro-League teams v best 6 NBA teams)!

That might sort something out.....?

Oh, and play it in either Monaco or Hawaii, that way the stars will all want to go!

Reply #405306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Destroy? Enough said. How do you debate with people like this? Destroy? WOW

-------------

How do you "debate" with people that don't realize how good the best Euroleague teams are? Seriously, Australian NBA fans have become as stupid as American NBA fans are.

The NBA is so overrated it's absolutely unbelievable. Anyone that could watch the tip Euroleague teams, then watch some NBA games, and think NBA is superior is an idiot and clearly knows NOTHING about basketball.

Half the players in the NBA can't even play a lick of defense.

Reply #405535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I never said superior. I merely laughed at you stating euroleague teams would destroy the lower NBA teams, at the very least. That in itself is the dumbest statement I've seen on this board.

I for one love EL bball. Its clean, team orientated style that yells team first, unlike the NBA and its one on one iso type play.

Just stating that your destroy term was laughable.

Reply #405544 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Euroleague is better than NBA. Anyone with actual basketball knowledge knows that.

Reply #405738 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

If you play NBA rules it's not even close, if you play FIBA rules it would be very close.

Reply #405739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, Mick is a moron.......So put me in the dumb category 'cause I think most NBA teams are better than EL teams. MORON! Charlotte would be competitive in the EL. Cant say the same for the bottom ranked EL teams in the NBA.

Reply #406624 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:10 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754