gary
Years ago

Who will win championsip?

As we come closer to the end of the season who do u think will win championship and why?

Topic #30841 | Report this topic

#27 jersey  
Years ago

obviously perth and adelaide are going to be the most likely, but i honestly wouldent be surprised seeing tigers possibly get it

Reply #404780 | Report this post

Cats82  
Years ago

Hope we get a rematch! Best 2 teams for a while now, its getting a bit boring! Need a couple teams 2 step up! Bias here, i still think perth, they havnt shot the ball well for a couple ove seasons now. 4 perth to beat nz its simple defend the 3 point line! They killed us! Corleto and cj! Jackson gona do wat he keeps doing, but if they defend the 3, it will go a long way in perth gettin there 6 tittle. This is nz last run with cj and boucher retiring? There cluch players!

Reply #404784 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

Will this be Perth's first finals at the new arena?
That will be an awesome atmosphere.

Reply #404785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think anybody cares much any more except the kwis & sandgropers. A competition of just 8 teams with 2 of them so dominant gets boring very quickly & if the future of the NBL is reflected in the Perth vs Townsville game last night then enjoy it (if that's possible) while it lasts.

Reply #404789 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

whoever gets top spot on the ladder will win it all.

Reply #404794 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Perth in 3

Reply #404802 | Report this post

gary  
Years ago

not a lot of love for nz

Reply #404815 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Breakers will get homecourt advantage and will play in front of a sold out Vector Arena. At 20/3 they are looking good for the 3peat.
Good balance of youth and experience and a whole heap of depth on the bench.

Reply #404819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, after the last Cats-Breakers meet up, its pretty clear NZ figured out what went wrong in the first two bouts. Given their starting five are performing, whilst the Cats have been bailed out by their bench the last two games, and the fact NZ seems to have been born for clutch moments, don't see this as being anything but a NZ Championship. Need to watch for injuries but nothing else will stop them.

Since NZ don't have any moronic hoodoos like Cats-Adelaide, they didn't drop two to a team that the Crocs could steamroller and because they didn't have to play Wollongong until after injuries had defanged them, they got away with that as well, so even a 3-1 split against the Cats won't hurt them. And in finals, HCA usually means W.

Reply #404826 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

In NZ in the final and should win, however whoever the team is that knocks out Perth is still in with a chance.

Perth will choke in the Semi's

Reply #404829 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ Surely someone should actually win a season split with the Cats before making claims like that?

Reply #404830 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I don't see anyone stopping Perth from getting to the finals sorry, nor NZ.

Reply #404834 | Report this post

gary  
Years ago

agreed it will be nz v perth but i cant split them

Reply #404837 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

not very hard to split.....2 x home finals vs 1 x home final = winner

Reply #404890 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

agreed skull, HMA=championship.

NZ win game 1 in front of 9 000 and then Perth win game 2 in front of 12 000 and then back to Vector for another sell out and NZ to close it out.

Reply #404941 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

I have to go with Perth, they have the defensive intensity that has rocked the Breakers huge twice this year and their shooting woes have to change eventually.

X-Factor is 'lightning' Rhys Carter and he is fitting in well and should be at the peak of form come play offs and the mistakes of Everard Bartlett (bad shots + turnovers) should decrease with less playing time when Cam Tovey returns.

Matt Knight is the best big man in the league and dominates Alex Pledgehammer each time!

... And lastly Greg 4 Hire is growing in leaps and bounds by the game and growing in confidence.

If wildcats win the rebounds then they will destroy Breakers in atleast two of the 3 games

Reply #405010 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Cats are impossible to predict. On any given day we can lose to anyone with the way we shoot, and even aside from our recent flogging at the hands of NZ we've had some very close calls against less worthy opponents.
Having said that in a 3-game series I would expect us to beat any non-NZ team.

Tomorrow will tell me whether Melbourne has any chance. I can't say I fear them, but they do have talent on that roster and if it starts to click then they're certainly capable.

But if I had to predict I'd say fairly confidently a Cats-NZ GF, unlikely to be a sweep, with NZ having the slight edge due to home court.
Sounds strange but we really need Tovey back & healthy if we're going to beat the Breakers in a series.

Reply #405013 | Report this post

ChuckBerry  
Years ago

If nothing crazy happens and Breakers and Cats make the grand finals, I'd like to say NZ will win but I think Perth will get them this year. There's just that hunger to win considering they've twice lost to NZ in the finals. That last NZ win would have gone a long way as far as mental edge is concerned though. They've still got one more match up (last game of the regular season right?) I think that will be a telling factor. If Perth gets that win and with a big margin then I'd give them the edge.

Reply #405034 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

One thing I will add... NZ vs Perth could potentially be a great GF series, and the crowds that both teams are pulling this season would make it look pretty legit on tv too. But I'm starting to feel kinda bad for the rest of the league that these 2 teams have had such a monopoly on things.

Reply #405038 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:56 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754