Dunkin' Dan
Years ago

Wildcats @ Tigers

Melbourne giving us all we can handle at the moment, leading by 5 at half time. It's not like the Cats to give up 46 points in a half.

Topic #30852 | Report this topic

ChuckBerry  
Years ago

Man Tigers looking good so far. Seth Scott has been active. Can't help but like this dude's game.

Rebound count 23:10 Tigers way. Don't know how long that will last though...

Reply #405081 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Tigers playing like Tigers today! Playing well against a great side

Reply #405082 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Knight has done his ankle at start of the 4th spells trouble for the Wildcats

Reply #405085 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Nick Marvin is already on Webjet looking up flight prices from Manila to Perth

Reply #405086 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

What's not to like about the tigers?
Flynn, Ballinger, Scott & Irrational Confidence Guy as Bill Simmons would call him (Goulding)

Reply #405087 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Wildcats with big shot after big shot in the 4th...

Reply #405090 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

In the immoatal words of NWA
Damn that shit was dope!

Reply #405091 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Someone please get onto the horn to a Mr Michael Dunigan please.

Knight as good as he is....is badly damaged.

Reply #405094 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dunigan is signed up in the Philippines ATM playing in the PBA

Reply #405096 | Report this post

Pug 91  
Years ago

Marcus Camby if Clarke was coaching instead of Beveridge they would win it regardless if Knight was injured or not

Reply #405098 | Report this post

ChuckBerry  
Years ago

Cats 3 point shooting was on a whole 'nother level in the 4th. Man that was something to behold.

I'm still reeling from the loss. Sigh.

It all looked so promising. Tigers looked good for 3 quaters of the game.

At this point I just want any team to steal a few dubya's off NZ and Perth. I'm kinda tired of seeing these teams win week in week out. Granted these are the two most dominant teams in the league but this shit is just a joke now, especially looking at the last couple of seasons.

The rest of the clubs in the league need to take a good hard look at themselves in the offseason and assemble teams that can compete with these clubs. Otherwise it's going to be some crazy shit if we have another season with NZ and Perth at the top.

But the Perth and NZ playing groups have been together for multiple years. If teams like this current Tigers team, Adelaide's current roster retain and develop their playing group over a couple of seasons, then definitely I think they'll be competitive. Both Perth and NZ have had some pretty close calls this season with their winning experience/culture most likely giving them the edge down the stretch.

But I digress...

Reply #405099 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Any team not playing them wants to see Perth and NZ win at this stage. It's all about 3rd and down for now.

Few tweets about some beef with Redhage or Wagstaff? An incident of some sort? Anyone see it?

Reply #405100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chuck

Cats won there title in first year under bevo with 6 new players.

Reply #405102 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nothing in it Goulding got the sooks on the final play (a Redhage rebound) and then wanted to show Redhage how much of a tuff guy townie he is. Seemed to have been some incidental contact to Goulding on the rebound.

Reply #405103 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Goulding whines more than he plays.. every single play that doesnt go his way he has a cry about.

Reply #405109 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dragons won a championship after a bit of a clean out too, didn't they?

Reply #405110 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

AFL interest in Knight , mite be ole news , not sure
Some other Perth players would give away tooo many free kicks.
Carter ' a good pickup from Sweden '
although that should be a foul when grabbed Ballinger after Ballinger was called for fouling wagstuffed.
Pretty close game , only a few calls go it for them .

Reply #405132 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A WAFL team interested in Knight.

I doubt an AFL team would be interested especially with how injury prone he is.

Reply #405134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure why these basketball players (worthington & knight) try and pursue an AFL career after basketball. Dont they realise a footy career is all but over around 30. West Coast would have picked up wortho if he were 7 years younger. Knight wants to play with the wildcats until he is 30 then try AFL. He may play WAFL at best for a couple of years but what is the point in that.

Reply #405146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Typically goulding was just overreacting to some contact to the head. Its was a fair tussle for a rebound on the final whistle but of course he had to cry about it. I wonder if he would have even noticed the contact if the tigers were the victor.

Reply #405147 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Isaac, the Wildcats and Dragons did win with a lot of new players, but they were in two years of significant upheaval in the league and where the standard was prob lower than for many years.

They also had excellent talent and great coaches!

Reply #405155 | Report this post

Kelly  
Years ago

Goulding was flung to the ground in a rebounding contest and did hit his head on the ground & then Redhage just steps over the top of him when the game is over - I personally think bad form by Redhage - no class

Reply #405156 | Report this post

bankedshot  
Years ago

Redhage has never had any class. And he normally hits the floor more then ball. But he didn't go down to much in this game, was surprising to see.

Reply #405159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Redhage has no class?

You're kidding, right? He puts his heart and soul into his club, and he's an excellent player and captain. Twice this season I've seen him pick up players of the opposition when they fall over- and if that isn't class, what is?

I don't go for the cats but I can see that Redhage is a classy, passionate player.

Reply #405167 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its obvious that they are tigers supporters if they think that the goulding/ redhage incident wasn't an overreaction by goulding. Redhage had to step over him to avoid stepping on him

Reply #405168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So sick of the anti-wildcats crap on here! Tigers lost... Move on! Both teams got crap calls! Move on! Both teams have tools! Move on! Taking my own advice and moving on ;-)

Reply #405171 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

@Kelly...

Please show me where Redhage 'walked over the top of him'.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~wildermuth/130217_Toolding_vs_Toolhage.mp4

Reply #405180 | Report this post

wildcats80  
Years ago

Exactly Marcus, he grabed the rebound, didnt swing his elbows just got a tough rebound, and reeled the ball in, Goulding was in close proximity, due to slight contact he falls over, siren goes, redhage has the ball, he does walk past Goulding whose on the floor, but clearly had the ball and was simply going to give the ball to the umps when Goulding starting to have a cry about it.

Reply #405193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cats make 7/8 from 3pt range in the 4th, WOW

Haven't seen shooting like that since Wollongong came to Perth Arena first time around and I watched Oscar Forman lead them through a run of 6/7 3pt shots late game. Was turning to the people around me, white faced, saying "they'll miss one soon, right??"

Reply #405207 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

I know it's annoying fans of other teams to see New Zealand and Perth up the top of the ladder but let's be honest New Zealand have over achieved (been down by too much in 4th quarters to only have lost 3 games) and Perth when they lose get destroyed (NZ and Wollongong)

Now Wollongong destroyed Perth at home by 33 (lead and QT by 19 I think) and had scheduling put them against NZ earlier in season I think they would have won.

Melbourne have gelled well and Anstey is coaching better.

Townsville have been awesome (except second game in Perth) and should be contenders next year if they can keep a similar squad and maybe add a second import.

Sydney have been impressive and with added luck with injuries and another big in the squad could contend... Look how they embarrassed NZ at Homebush!

Cairns are developed some great young talent and look tired but are gelling better than at season start and if they can get a centre that can cause intimidation in the middle then they should be feared, especially at home.

Adelaide are clearly talented and with a new coach will feel refreshed and hungry for success.

It's not New Zealand/Perth's fault that they are successful and squads should remain similar next year

Reply #405211 | Report this post

ChuckBerry  
Years ago

It's not New Zealand/Perth's fault that they are successful and squads should remain similar next year

No doubt they will remain strong. I'm just hoping the rest of the teams do their work in the offseason and put together teams that will be able to compete with these two.

The game will be all the more exciting for it.

I don't know how long this dominant run by the big duo can last in these times of elite professionalism.

When the competition becomes more even, then wow, this is where we are going to see skill and creativity shine. I see a lot of talk about physicality but I don't think that is necessarily the problem.

There's a couple of really talented squads out with the adequate personel(*spelling). Tigers and Sixers are two that jump out at me. The Hawks are my team but I don't quite rate them yet because we need a dominant center and 4 man. Sixers are touch-n-go. Big men are mostly soft. Just sayin...
If Tigs and Sixer's retain their squads and get drilled right then these teams could be ones to watch out for in coming seasons.

Reply #405213 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:54 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754