Hoop Addict
Years ago

Andrew Bogut Article - Lottery Time!

Here's the article

Good read. They seem pretty high on Bogut over there!

The Draft Lottery is tomorrow. Picks 15 down are already determined by team record, but the ping pong balls tomorrow decide who gets top pick. Who would you like to see get #1 and first shot at Bogut? Will he even go number 1?

Personally, I think there's a fair chance he'll be picked #1. As the GM in the article said, how many big guys as good as Bogut come along? Not many. Guards are a dime a dozen. Bogut currently leads an NBA.com poll for the predicted #1 pick with 39% of the vote.

Of the lottery teams, I'd most like to see Bogut land in Golden State. They finished last season off well, and with J-Rich & Baron Davis they have a solid foundation. Bogut would be a great big man to compliment that duo. Unfortunately, the Warriors only have a 1.4% chance of getting the #1 pick. Still, stranger things have happened, like the Magic getting the #1 pick in '93. Where would others like him to land? Teams with the best odds of getting the #1 pick are Atlanta (25%), New Orleans (17.8%) & Charlotte (17.7%).

Topic #3086 | Report this topic

Statman  
Years ago

Gee wouldnt Cheezeburger be pissed if Atlanta missed out on him.....

Reply #35294 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

yes i would, time will tell.

Reply #35298 | Report this post

He'd look good at Atlanta I'd think. Can someone list the teams that are in the running for the draft?

Reply #35304 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Atlanta (25% chance)
New Orleans (17.8%)
Charlotte (17.7%)
Utah (11.9%)
Portland (8.8%)
Milwaukee (6.3%)
Toronto (3.6%)
New York (3.5%)
Golden State (1.4%)
LA Lakers (1.4%)
Orlando (0.8%)
LA Clippers (0.7%)
Cleveland* (0.6%)
Minnesota (0.5%)

* The Cavs pick will end up going to Charlotte, via Phoenix.

Shame that.... James to Bogut has a nice ring to it!

Reply #35308 | Report this post

Stephon  
Years ago

Would be great for him endorsement wise if he went to a big market such as New York or LA Lakers.

Eg if Bogut was successful at New York he would become an absolute superstar.

Would be more pressure on him to perform though than somewhere like Atlanta but he is a fundamentally sound, unselfish player who will be successful from his rebounding and passing alone.

Reply #35309 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

New York would definately make him a name player in that environment.

Having him in GS would look pretty nice with J-Rich and Davis. Good 3 player combo there.

Reply #35332 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:15 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754