hoopstar
Years ago

Why haven't Wodonga Wolves men pushed for Big V?

Does anybody know why Wodonga havent ended up pushing towards entering the Big V?

There was a bit of talk they were considering it a few years ago.

Topic #30866 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because the towns talent pool is already stretched fielding a SEABL team.

Reply #405301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The guys playing for the Wolves mostly get little to no court time in the SEABL team so with one or 2 exceptions they're probably not really needed. To me it makes more sense for these guys to be getting real game experience in BigV than being training fodder for the SEABL team.

Reply #405365 | Report this post

Tiga  
Years ago

So where do the bench players/training fodder as you call them come from for the SEABL team then?
It doesnt matter what level you play at someone has to sit on the end of the bench.

Reply #405370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No money

Reply #405378 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To Tiga: Re - So where do the bench players/training fodder as you call them come from for the SEABL team then?

They have more than enough players to spare for both & no player is going to develop through only being involved in training & towel waving.

I agree with Anon. It's about money.

Reply #405453 | Report this post

hoopstar  
Years ago

I think they could easily be able to enter a sustainable program. I know it was on their radar a few years back. Just never seemed to eventuate.

Reply #405487 | Report this post

hoopstar  
Years ago

I think they could defintiely do it. I know it was on their radar a few years ago not sure what exactly happened.

Reply #405489 | Report this post

hoopstar  
Years ago

Sorry for posting the same thing twice, I didnt think the first one went through.

Reply #405490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In the Albury / Wodonga area I'm sure there are more than only enough players to fill 10 spots on a SEABL team (keeping in mind they have 2 imports).

They should be looking at this, it makes sense for player development in the area

Reply #405609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Their 2012 SEABL team had 2 imports plus 2 recruits from Sydney & now they've added another recruit from south coast NSW plus one returning from Melbourne so they only need a handful of locals.

In 2012 they used their bench less than any team as the SEABL report mentions:
http://www.seabl.com.au/index.php?id=257&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=5888&cHash=5a07653cb9

Surely that leaves a lot of talented locals for a Wolves team in Big V.

Reply #405619 | Report this post

Jack  
Years ago

If thats the case (and i dont doubt you) then they surely must be looking to go into Big V.

The community there would surely really embrace the idea.

Reply #405621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It would be awesome to to see the Wolves in the BIG V.

Would be great to for the league and awesome for the people up there.

Reply #405623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not going to happen would cost to much...
Play for wodonga on the cbl team and for a 10 game season it cost each player $300 each... So if they had a big v team the cost would be massive and sponsorships would be to hard to get with bandits and footy/netball playing at the same time. It would be great if it could happen but it just wouldn't work. Plus most of the good ball players who play cbl and don't play bandits are on big bucks playing footy so not to much talent around.

Reply #406083 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:42 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754