Isaac
Years ago

NBA Dunk Comp 2013 thread

No discussion yet about it - does that suggest it was a bit flat?

Went through YouTube watching the main dunks and not many stood out.

What'd people think?

Topic #30869 | Report this topic

Ingles13  
Years ago

Nothing special really. I won't remember it this time next year.

I thought Terrence Ross was going to go for an elbow in the ring Jam off the side of the backboard 360 he did when he whipped out the VC jersey. That would have been an all time great IMO.

Reply #405337 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

Very disappointing. James White could have made a name for himself at this All Star weekend but just couldn't pull it off.
Have to agree with Charles and Shaq that they need to have big names as well as up and coming guys participating. Griffin/ Lebron would make it interesting but can't see it happening.
What's with Lebron never wanting to participate in the Dunk contest?

Reply #405348 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Whoever dunked over the painting, I thought it was going to be unveiled as he went over it. But no, just jumped over it, then signed it.

Reply #405350 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

was bland, but it still killed the NBL's dunk comp

Reply #405354 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

meh, no one jumped over a spaceship

Reply #405356 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

'The basketball jones' guys suggested that maybe the dunk comp should run with guys having a time limit to go dunk for dunk. They said the warm up dunks were better viewing than the actual show.

Barring getting a dunk comp with LBJ, Dwight, Griffin, Josh smith etc, i think this is a good idea.

Reply #405380 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

Anyone wanting to see a REAL dunk contest, check out James White vs Gerald Green in Russia 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzc0Nj3xIrI

or UConn Dunk Contest 2011 feat Andre Drummond
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyjUe-GWW1A

Reply #405394 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Perhaps it's time someone jumped over one of those inflatable flying sharks.

Reply #405407 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

or over Homeland's Claire Danes, standing on Damian Lewis's shoulders, both supported by Mandy Patinkin's beard.

Reply #405570 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:23 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754