Whaleoilbeefhooked
Years ago

U 20's nationals

Men - Vics towelling up the opposition in Pool 1, which was to be expected. Pool 2 looking like a fight between SA & NSW going on results so far.
Anyone at the championship see any favourite from these 2??

In the women Vics look to be too strong again probably playing NSW

There have been some pretty handy individual performances by the look of the box scores.

It's a pity that SBS or one of the ABC channels couldn't be coaxed into showing some of the games or even highlights.

Topic #30872 | Report this topic

SMA  
Years ago

Or some live stream. Oh wait it's Tassie!

Reply #405713 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SBS or ABC? Haha. The NBL has struggled to get itself on free to air, so why would people be interested in an u20 tournament? It appeals to a VERY small audience.

Reply #405725 | Report this post

T  
Years ago

Correct me if I'm wrong but since when do national junior champs of any age get live streamed. C'mon SMA, surely your Tassie bashing is unjustified here.

On a more positive note, how well are the Vics going?

AIS players (regardless of state)living up to expectations? Both genders, not just the guys.

Reply #405768 | Report this post

Really  
Years ago

Since last year!

Reply #405769 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^T^^. It's called technology, you'll find live streaming of basketball games is done all around the world. It's not a difficult process to put in place at all.

Reply #405773 | Report this post

T  
Years ago

Duhhhh.

Thanks very much, Anonymous. Do understand the livestream technology. Wadda ya reckon my internet connection runs off a set of rabbit ears plugged into a rock out front of my cave?

Reply #405780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last year ACT set the new standard for expectations at a nationals.

Since then, every other nationals have failed to live up to that. I think live streaming the main court at u20s is reasonable to expect & would be a good, easy service to provide. I think for u16/u18 nationals live streaming the semi & grand finals would be a reasonable expectation.

Of course the VJBL & Classics have truly set the bar high by not only live broadcasting but also with commentary (from knowledgable people too!) and a score + clock overlay. Perhaps the associations running up owning nationals can ask them for tips?

Reply #405781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^T^^ - Your obviously highly intelligent 'T' - Duhhh!

Reply #405782 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Football and cricket at high end or elite junior level sometimes get free to air TV...

Reply #405783 | Report this post

SMA  
Years ago

^^T - we meet again :) - and others^^

Fans should be annoyed that there is no Live Stream to see some great efforts from men's and women's games.

ACT did an awesome job last year live streaming the games from the show court. All the more reason for some coverage.

I watched many of the games last year and the Men's GF was a cracking game! With commentators included.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpPwYmLTA6M

Launceston has the ability to have this set up and running without any issues.

BA should have the vision to make this a non-negotiable for Nationals.

Reply #405784 | Report this post

SamCro  
Years ago

^SMA^ - Post of the Year! In total agreeance with SMA's post. Basketball Australia have to more proactive in ensuring host venues have the capability & also be compliant to live stream games!

Reply #405789 | Report this post

T  
Years ago

Hey there, SMA.

I stand corrected, thanks for the info.

Anonymous. Dunno about intelligent. It really was trial and error to find just the right rock to run my internet.

Reply #405790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bear: football and cricket are top-tier sports. Despite what most on here would have you believe, basketball is a minor sport in this country that the general population have absolutelyno interest in.

Reply #405815 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:43 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754