concnerned
Years ago

U20 Girls State Team

The girls were in the gold medal round against Victoria.
Great effort by the team to only go down to Victoria by 9 points 57 - 48.
Given the numbers of players in Victoria compared to South Australia its a fantastic effort.
Well done to all involved.

Hope the knockers who said you only had to turn up to make the team show a little more respect to the girls who represented SA.

Topic #30957 | Report this topic

CP3  
Years ago

Yes I agree there seemed to be that so many people (on this forum) were too concerned about 'who' wasn't in this team instead of focussing on the girls 'who' actually made this team. Terrific effort by all girls that represented their state with great distinction. Superb effort by Alex Wilson to win the Bob Staunton Medal for MVP of the Women's Competition which continues a strong history of SA Girls winning this award i.e. Nicole Seekamp, Tess Madgen & Kayla Francis. Special mention to coaching staff Johnson & Mansfield for guiding this team successfully throughout the week.

Reply #406593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who won the Staunton medal for the men? Exum?

Reply #406600 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Yes Exum won it. An outstanding tournament but well defended in the final by the NSW team. They switched on all his cuts, turnouts and was made to shoot a contested shot every time.

Reply #406607 | Report this post

Any surprise that Johnson and Mansfield did a great coaching job?

ABL WOmens GF winner Norwood's Assistant Coach, and ABL womens GF losing North Coach.

These two guys have coached together longer than Laurel and Hardy.

Congratulations to Alex Wilson too!

Reply #406744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Congratulations to the SA Girls Team on making the G.F. Well done Alex Wilson on your Bob Staunton Medal, MVP award for the Competition. The Murray Bridge Basketball Association would be very proud of where you have taken your Basketball career to. As a parent with children playing there, We would see you come in to practice shooting, well all that hard work is paying off. Keep up the good work...

Reply #406992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good effort by the girls to make the final.

Would be interesting to see how the Vic and SA teams would have matched up against the teams from previous year.

I still believe that 2-3 years ago was the highest quality u/20 crop i have seen for along time.

Reply #407011 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:48 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754