Topic #30972 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Nice

Reply #406859 | Report this post

PHS 09  
Years ago

That was dope!

10 , 10 , 10 , 10 , 10 that makes 50 bitch!

Reply #406876 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Damn! That was sweet.

I wish the bloke would participate in the Dunk Contest.

Reply #406900 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Ha ha now he has come out and said he will stop doing it because of the criticism he gets for not going in the dunk competition.

Reply #406902 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Imagine LeBron James at centre half forward in the AFL, OMG!!!

Reply #406905 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The guy doesn't want to go in the dunk contest so he shouldn't do spectacular dunks in warm ups. What? He's deserved a lot of the criticism over the years, but give the guy a break, seriously...

Reply #406913 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Think most decent district players could do the same thing apart from getting above the ring for the finish, which was nothing special. Makes it look good though. There's a good one of him recently doing an alley-oop through the legs dunk in warmups too.

Reply #406938 | Report this post

philly  
Years ago

i like this one from yesterday better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6giVXM7L30

Reply #406964 | Report this post

Wound  
Years ago

^^^^ embedded....

Reply #407036 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

@Bear there was actually an article a while back on the difference in athleticism between AFL and NBA players.

http://mikeorthedon.com/2012/04/08/afl-players-are-not-impressive-athletes/

Reply #407089 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Thanks for the link Beekayz, that was an interesting article. I agree in part with what was written, especially the endurance bit. AFL players need to run, run, run for longer distances and periods than NBA players and they need to withstand heavy tackles or being taken down on the grass, but in basketball if you hit the ground it is on a hard timber floor.

For me, athletes in both codes are amazing, but basketball does require more skill, athleticsm and just as much strength, power and agility...

Reply #407165 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

I think part of the reason AFL athletes have greater endurance is because they're more dedicated than 90% of NBA players.

It seems to me that NBA players are allowed to get away with a lot more than AFL players.

Going to nightclubs the night before games seems to be standard operating procedure in many cases, and not only is it allowed, but in many cases it adds to their legend and is admired.

I don't keep a close tab on the AFL, but the last player who seems to have had this kind of lifestyle was Gary Ablett (many stories about him being at after-hours clubs till the early hours, on a cocktail of substances, and then kicking 6 goals later the same day).

You just don't hear about that these days, and if you do it is vilified (Ben Cousins for example).

If the NBA teams worked under the same policy as some AFL teams (players were restricted to not drinking during the season and not partying the night before games) there might not be enough players on some teams for a starting 5!

Reply #407194 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:36 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754