OKC
Years ago

Expectations of new VYC

Keen for other peoples thoughts on the VYC, more so on which teams are likely to set the pace? and those who may struggle? as well as players from teams who are going to be among the top players in the comp?

Terrill Conference
Knox
Melbourne
Dandenong
Ringwood
Nunawading
Eltham
Ballarat
Sherbrooke

Watson Conference
Diamond Valley
Kilsyth
Hawthorn
Sandringham
Waverley
Bulleen
Geelong
Frankston

Bendigo finished 6th in D-League yet are in Youth 1 so Bulleen gets the go in VYC

Topic #30985 | Report this topic

CR  
Years ago

According to Big V TV, Bendigo opted not to play in VYC ... so Bulleen were next in line to step up.

My thought is that once all the teams start playing games it will be clear which teams are likely to set the pace.

Reply #407245 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it will be a big difference between top and bottom teams. D League wasn't as good as everybody made out to be last year.

Reply #407253 | Report this post

Alex  
Years ago

Honestly I think Big V teams will kill D league.

Reply #407254 | Report this post

OKC  
Years ago

Alex thats a fairly broad statement, do you really think that Sherbrooke, Bulleen and Geelong will kill Dandenong? Kilsyth?

Heard people say that only top half of DLeague will be strong competition vs all Youth League teams, but also heard only top half of Youth League teams will be strong competition

Would it be fair to go say top 5 from each will have a good chance of finals while the rest may struggle?

Reply #407279 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I think that's very fair OKC. I believe it will be a mixture of D-League and State Youth Championship to make finals. Knox were strong in D-League last year but have lost to Dandy by 47, Bulleen by 40, Sherbrooke by 11 and Waverley by 20. On the other side Melbourne were strong in State Youth Championship and their top 7 players are no longer in the team. Changes everywhere so it will be a great comp.

Reply #407393 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:51 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754