Anonymous
Years ago

Cairns v Perth 1st March

Wildcats coming off a big win over Tigers up north for the game against Cairns who pulled off a tough win over Townsville last week.
Tips?

Topic #30995 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Upset alert!!!

Reply #407301 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Cairns are playing really well, especially Gliddon. Hitting the boards and depriving the Wildcats of their usual volume shooting advantage.

Not keen to see teams who might threaten the Hawks' finals chances win, but hard not to be barracking for them in this one.

Cats still a chance though.

65-58, Cairns way. Refs disagreeing on the call here? Play to resume without a call? Interesting.

Reply #407302 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Every win by Cairns brings the Wooden Spoon one step closer. I guess a matching set is always better than a single item . . . .

Reply #407303 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Salad servers?

Reply #407305 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

+1

Reply #407306 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Jack - Adelaide only have to tie with Cairns to avoid the spoon. The 36ers are playing well enough to beat Cairns twice. Then they only need Cairns to drop 2 of their 3 games against the top 3 teams. Not to mention that tying with Cairns on 11 wins would be even better for the chances of a higher finish. I think this might actually turn into a good result for Adelaide.

Reply #407307 | Report this post

PHS 09  
Years ago

Taipans woohoo!

Reply #407308 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

PJ, I hope so!

Reply #407314 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

just got home from game......Mr Gliddon what a cracker of a game.
usually when rookies have good games its offensive not defensive....well,that kid was every where,his work rate was one of the best i have seen from a rookie.
an old head on young shoulders.
he has been leading up to this game over the last month and fearne has now got him believing in himself.
even though lisch ended up scoring a few,gliddon had the best of that battle.....no easy feat!

Reply #407315 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

PJ Cairns playing pretty consistent ball. Won 4 of last 7 and the three losses all by 3 points. Adelaide did beat them, but outside of that game you couldn't get too excited by Adelaide's form.Could very well be a number of clubs vying for the spoon the way its shaping up. Adelaide clearly favourites based purely on their performances.

Reply #407321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gliddon - wildcats would be kicking themselves he signed with cairns instead of them. Has a much bigger future than his replacement Bartlett

Reply #407322 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

on behalf of the Breakers fans, thanks Taipans.

Reply #407324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mystro I think the breakers look the better team than perth at the offensive end... perth less structured at times and sometimes leads to games like that bcairns game last night.

I like bevo but I've gotta say I think lemanis will be the better coach internationally and I wouldn't mind seeing fearne as one of his ACs for the boomers gig...

Reply #407328 | Report this post

Cats82  
Years ago

Still scored 72 last night, only problem was they could'nt put the ball in the hole, where cairns shot the ball well. Always a tough place to play and perth have always lost the games they should've won. Nuthin better if perth beat nz in nz to take it all! Melbourne are the dark horse for mine.

Reply #407330 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Nuthin better if perth beat nz in nz to take it all!

yeah no doubt but it's a big ask especially when they have only lost at home once all year (to Perth)and have only ever lost 1 game at Vector Arena

Reply #407337 | Report this post

Cats82  
Years ago

Think same would go for nz to! Shut up 12, 000. We got to make the gf 1st, then we can talk.

Reply #407345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, I'm a Cats fan and had held out a bit of hope but that pretty much seals it. NZ's amazing outfit is going to carry the NBL this year barring a Hawthorn-esque stuff up in the big dance. And to be fair, given they'd only dropped three games to two teams, and we have dropped six games to four teams (i.e., have lost to over half the league) we couldn't even argue it would be an unfair result.

Would be pretty sour to only net the one Championship with Bevo and this group, though.

Reply #407355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gliddon is really working hard - I'd like to see him in the boomers training camp moving forward
and hopefully cairns can keep him for another year or two

Reply #407359 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sayin that do count in when nz played a few teams with injuries? Perth havn't been injury free for the past three seasons. Perth needs a change and it will come next season. Keepers are damo, kev, knight, redhage and wags that will be the five then need a stronger bench that keep the score ticking. I can see the cats get this yr

Reply #407360 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Gliddon signed a 2 year deal, so he'll be in Cairns next season.

Reply #407363 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Sayin that do count in when nz played a few teams with injuries? Perth havn't been injury free for the past three seasons.

keep searching for excuses.

Reply #407364 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ Your season has been mostly skill but a tremendous amount of luck has fallen your way as well. Getting to gel against a pre-Neville crocs outfit, playing Wollongong only after they lost more than half their starting line-up, having no injury more serious than Hudson's short term absence.

Better team this year but don't pretend you can just shrug off people pointing out the contingent luck factor with "excuse making". If you hadn't had all your Hawks games scheduled late in the season or if the Hawks guards hadn't gone down, this season would be a three-horse race still.

Reply #407376 | Report this post

Cats82  
Years ago

Just hope ure luck has'nt run out, think in a mini series and playing against a full team? Im not sayin breakers don't deserve where they are but u need a bit of luck along the way

Reply #407391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Re cats82 gee you sound just like beverage

Reply #407396 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're right, he does sound like soda. One with a lot of caffeine.

Reply #407403 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Brilliant game!

I think that was Cairns playing at just about 100% what they're capable of, but if they can keep it up a finals spot might still be on the cards.

...Gliddon!

Reply #407415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow Gliddon! Another great game after last weeks game winning three pointer

Reply #407417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gliddon signed to the Snakes for 3 years. Great recruiting. Not only that I don't think he would have had a starting spot in his rookie year at most other clubs. Great work Taipans and great choice Gliddion. Hopefully he'll be with us for many more after the first three. Future Star.

Reply #407433 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

He looked homesick last night....

Reply #407434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He seemed quite upset with the Cats coaching staff during the game when they kept insisting that they weren't interested in talking contracts until after this season was over. Got very heated for a while. Patience, Gliddon. Patience.

Reply #407440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Since he turned down their contract offer to sign with cairns I doubt that was the case ^

Reply #407445 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

hope he doesnt do a Daniel Dillon....and end up nowhere.

Reply #407447 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

He has 1 more year then an option. He'll exercise the option if Cairns are in a position to win it!

Reply #407541 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

He can play. Unfortunately for Dillon he could only talk

Reply #407573 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:25 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754