In the Know
Years ago

Classics Draw Out

Go to VBA website and check out the pools. All age groups available.

Topic #3100 | Report this topic

In the Know  
Years ago

Wayne, Don't forget to hit the refresh button. Maybe BASA could have a look at why VBA are better organised than they are!

Reply #35469 | Report this post

Pegs  
Years ago

VBA better organised? Same number of teams every year, probably same time slots, plenty of courts. Comparing the Classics with State Champs is like comparing Apples with Apes...

Reply #35476 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

SA teams put in Div 1 2 3 and the stadiums don't change. VBA still get their stuff out at least 2 weeks before the carnival. BASA can't even get it out 2 hours before the event. I am still waiting on out printed program for State champs. Pegs you must be a BASA groupy to stick up those clowns.

Reply #35484 | Report this post

RJ  
Years ago

Pegs does have a point. In theory BV can just copy last years draw and re issue it for 2005. In fact nothing is to say they won't. The actually nomination/qualification process for Classics would be the more time consuming for BV then the actal program.

Also if I'm not mistaken the POOLS for Classics are up not the actual Draw.

As far as a Draw for State Champs up until the due date BASA would have no idea how many teams each club will nominate. Classics run on invite, State Champs based on club's nominations. While the court space is there no one could possibly due a draw for State champs until after every club has completed their nominations.

In the know if you have a problem with the way the State Champs were run (and you clearly are not alone) then may I suggest speaking to your Club's Junior Committee rep. and get changes made before 2006.

Reply #35487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great points;

until you look a thte size of competition that they manage each week. The numbers of teams in the grading and main seasons is enourmous and I bet that they have a schedule for that as well as the classics.

Reply #35513 | Report this post

Vincent Vega  
Years ago

Reply #35520 | Report this post

RJ  
Years ago

Well obviously but that wasn't the point being iscussed at the time. As everyone in Basketball in SA knows there are major issues of neglect when it comes to local baskeball; state champs being one example.

Reply #35525 | Report this post

Pegs  
Years ago

Comedy...

I am not going to stick up for BASA for their organisation, I think they need a swift kick up the pants. I was pointing out the obvious, that organising the draw and pools for the Classics is much easier than State Champs.

Classics 16(teams) x 4(ages) x 2(genders) = 128 teams (static)

State champs 8(teams conservative) x 3(grades) x 2(genders) x 5(ages) = 240 teams (dynamic)

I even do the Math for you :-)

Now to compare apples with apples, follow VV's link. The Vics already have a schedule for:

10(teams) x 5(ages) x 2(genders) x 2(pools) + 12(teams) x 5(ages) x 2(genders) x 3(grades) = 560 teams.

Compared with 412 teams for BASA (give or take a few). Shame, shame, shame BASA! (Is that better In The Know? :-)

Reply #35538 | Report this post

Wayne Beaumont  
Years ago

Intheknow
thanks for the tip but it worked fine first time, obviously the techie gods were smiling in the right direction this time!!!

One thing I find interesting is that a lot of their info is in the form of pdf files which is possibly a lot easier to upload and change than sporting pulse????

They are certainly better organised.

On a basketball note my pool and Boti's look OK as do some of the other grades. I hope we can all do well - it is a great weekend.
(I just wish the youngies were at Albert Park)

Reply #35561 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Yes Pegs a lot better.

Reply #35563 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Anyone mind posting the draw up here for those with crap internet/problems with IE?

Reply #35566 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

maybe im not looking in the right spot - all i can find are the POOLS?
the draw itself isnt out yet is it?

Reply #35568 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Pools would be great!

Reply #35570 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Pools only at this stage. Go to VBA website and click on VJBL and follow info bar.

Reply #35573 | Report this post

realist  
Years ago

Classic pools address:
http://www.vjbl.com.au/assets/Classic/Team%20Pools.pdf

Reply #35584 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:27 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754