uknowwat
Years ago

Patty Mills again better than De Colo

Looking at the box scores from the last 10 days or so, there is further evidence that Patty is more deserving of court time of De Colo. De Colo keeps playing similar minutes but Patty is putting up MUCH better numbers!!

On another note, how much fun did Ginobili have today with 15 assists! How good would it be playing with all the quality and within the system that is at San Antonio. I guess this probably also demonstrates that Pattys assists should be up a bit more

Topic #31003 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great to see Aron Baynes get some minutes today !

Reply #407374 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

Not sure how much you can tell from 10 days worth of box score.

For 10 days, box scores showed that Beasley was averaging around 20 points. in the last 7 - 10 days he's averaged around 4.

When someone is a fringe player, so much of their output is dictated by injuries to other players, matchups, coaches gut feelings and a bunch of other factors that in a season as long as the NBA's 10 days means very little.

Reply #407383 | Report this post

Carcus Mamby  
Years ago

Parker did go down today too, but should be back next game

Reply #407388 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

I thought Pop said that Parker's sprained ankle will mean he will be out for a 'while', suggesting that he won't be back next game. if thats the case hopefully Patty starts to get a run more regularly.

Good to see Baynes get some minutes in his first game back since playing in the D league on thursday where he score 16 points and had 9 boards.

Reply #407392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice observation but I think ill go with whatever Pop decides, hes pretty good at the coaching thing.

Reply #407398 | Report this post

PHS 09  
Years ago

Mills is way better then De Colo!
Baynes is too good for D League

Reply #407399 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

De Colo is a TRUE point guard who runs the team. Patty is an undersized poor man's Iverson who is looking for his shot. De Colo adds more value to the Spurs than Patty does, stats don't always tell the story.

Reply #407405 | Report this post

PHS 09  
Years ago

Did you not watch the game today?

Mills 12points
De Colo 0points

Reply #407408 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

If Patty is missing his shots, what else does he bring to the team?
Hats off to him though, he did well

Reply #407413 | Report this post

PHS 09  
Years ago

De colo had a donut

Reply #407419 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't read too much into box scores gentleman, when Shane Heal was at Minnesota he had a stretch where his box scores were better then Stephon Marbury it didn't mean that he was better then Starbury!

Reply #407423 | Report this post

uknowat  
Years ago

I agree with anon " ill go with whatever Pop decides, hes pretty good at the coaching thing great call.

Boom Patrol - Its hard to argue someones value to a team when they dont score AT ALL. I know a TRUE point guards primary role is not to score, however, if you aint putting the ball in the hole its damn easy to scout against and then defend against. How many other TRUE point guards in the league dont score? If Ray Allen is missing his shots what else does he bring to the team? Im not suggesting at all that Patty is the same as Ray Allen at all BTW. Im simply stating that the fact of the matter is that Patty IS hitting shots.

Reply #407428 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

@uknowat I don't understand what you mean.
Are you saying Ray Allen is a PG?

Reply #407437 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Boom Patrol, Mills may be a poor man's Iverson but De Colo is a poor man's Marco Jaric! Patty should start.

Reply #407456 | Report this post

PHS 09  
Years ago

Iversons last contract in turkey was 1mill
Mills is just getting more then that now

So who's the poor man?

Reply #407462 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

@Carcus Mamby Looks like closer to a month (Grade 2 left ankle sprain)

Reply #407469 | Report this post

Triton 95  
Years ago

Check out the Spurs even scorers sheet for that game, amazing, Just 2pts of having 10 players in double figures.

Reply #407473 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

PHS 09
really... patty cant touch iverson or his legacy...

uknowwat
i agree patty is playing well and deserves a reward for it, but in the long term de colo actually is a more valuable player to the spurs, patty is used as a spark off the bench and is not up to being a starter in the nba, still an amazing player though no question about it

Reply #407475 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Parker has been confirmed as going to miss the next 4 weeks...

Reply #407482 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

@PHS 09 I'm not sure you’ve fully grasped the meaning of the 'poor man’ saying.

Reply #407483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Parker did go down today too, but should be back next game" - great call there Carcus Mamby

Reply #407484 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

In the figurative sense he isn't just the poor man's AI. He's poverty stricken!

Reply #407489 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

I think this next month should ultimately decide who is better out of mills and de colo.

Reply #407498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pop knows best.

De Colo > Mills

Reply #407517 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:07 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754