Benno
Years ago

Delly to become St Marys all time leading scorer

Game starts at 2pm Melbourne time, delly only needs 3 points as he dropped 25 last game and big randy took him off to make sure he hit the milestone at home! Last game at home for delly and mitch young also... tune in

Topic #31007 | Report this topic

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Game time :)

Reply #407491 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

That's a pretty impressive way to break a record!

Reply #407496 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Took him most of the first half, but he finally got it on a trademark post-up & fadeaway jumper.

Pretty forgettable first half for Delly otherwise though. Similarly crappy shooting performance as the last time he played Santa Clara.
Hopefully he'll loosen up now with the scoring milestone out of the way.

Reply #407497 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

0-7 from three for Delly. He's been in form lately from three but not today. Luckily manages to get 21 points including some difficult midrange and layup shots. He was perfect from the line.
It's nice to see a all his tricks. He has some!

Reply #407512 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Yeah, awful shooting game today but as usual still managed to be valuable offensively with some sweet passing.
Didn't hit a 3 but still finished with more points than his season average thanks to his ability to draw fouls. Can't be too unhappy with that.

Liked Matt Hodgson's minutes today. I thought it was his defence & rebounding that sparked the run that put Santa Clara away.

Reply #407516 | Report this post

Youknow ME  
Years ago

The timing of Dellavedova's emergence couldn't be better... Right when Australia needed a pure point guard, out came Delly... He may become our best ever point guard, surely hes been our most successful in college

Reply #407521 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He might, but he has a long way to go to get close to Smyth, Heal and Bruton. First things first.

Reply #407524 | Report this post

Rav  
Years ago

Congratulation Delly on a superb career at St Mary's.
Not your best game, but as usual you lead the team to a very important W.
It was very sad to see you play you last home game at Moraga & it was great to see all the St Mary's fans & student send you & Mitchell Young off in style for Seniors Night.

To finish the all time leader in Points & Assists at St Mary's is a awesome achievement.

Best of luck in the conference tournament & the NCCA tournament.

Reply #407526 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

@Dunkin' Dan couldn't agree with you more, Matt Hodgson played pretty well tonight he could be huge to them as they approach the tournament!

Reply #407530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Give it a go you know me. Delly best point guard ever ?? Trying playing a few years more first. Phil Smyth has been Australia's premier pure point guard. Four Olympic campaigns . World championships , Australia's captain for over 16 years, NBL All star. Countless US college offers. Some people have very short memories of no memory!!

Reply #407556 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

"He may become our best ever point guard". Agree with the thought, but he'll need a few years.

And, yeah, Phil Smyth was PG for a long time - far too long, believe me. I reckon he lost us a few games because he was so slow to get the ball out of defence - a real fast-break killer.

Reply #407578 | Report this post

Youknow ME  
Years ago

I was saying he could become our best point guard ever, not that he already was!!!!!

Reply #407720 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Looking at what Delly can do already, who is a better PG in Aus' than he is....?

Creative, smart, brings his team mates into the game, makes excellent decisions, is over 95% at free throws and is a tough competitive winner!

Who rates above him???

Reply #407745 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

He is the best we have. Patty Mills is more of your sg type.

Reply #407753 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:38 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754