cheezeburger
Years ago

who will end up where in draft 05

i will start things off by saying the top 3 picks will be marvin williams bogut and chris paul.what team are these players headed to?who needs what?

Topic #3107 | Report this topic

cheezeburger  
Years ago

what players do you rate and why?

Reply #35562 | Report this post

MELHOOPS  
Years ago

Bogut's gotta go No.1 even if the Buck's don't want/need a 5 man. The opportunity to sign a big man that can actually play has to be too tempting. If they don't need him, trade him for Williams or Paul plus a future pick. It's been said before, but 7 footers don't come along every day especially as talented as our man Bogut.

Personally, I wouldn't be going anywhere near C.Paul with the first five picks. I think he under achieved in the NCAA tourny, he's 5.11 and very ugly.

Reply #35575 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

i hope bogut doesnt go anywhere near atlanta, the hawks are a proven career killer

Reply #35578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

atlanta, the hawks is the same team!! and plus goin 2 atlanta wont b a career killa, could u imagine bougt along side josh smith. awesome!! they may struggle the first couple seasons but i blieve they would hav serious potential for a few years time

Reply #35581 | Report this post

The Hammer  
Years ago

I would like to see Cuban pull a deal with Milwaukee to get the number 1 pick we can trade off Didier Ilunga-Mbenga for the pick

God knows Milwaukee has excepted worse deals from Dallas

Killa knows what im talking about

Reply #35601 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

That is correct hammer, i no wat ya talking bout.

Drik and garrity for traylor for u playing at home

Reply #35603 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

My picks:

1: Bogut to Bucks (no brianer for the Bucks, they need a passing/banging/scoring centre)

2: Paul to Atlanta (cheeze is right, Marvin isn't required, but they do need to PG)

3: Marvin Williams (dark horse Gerald Green) to Portland

4: Deron Williams to New Orleans (need a PG to replace Baron, Dickau is good but he ain't a permanent starter)

5: Marvin William or Gerald Green (Depending on what Portland do, both can play the SG/SF position)

Other top tens will possibly be Taft, Frye, Andriuskevicius (I have no idea why, someone mention Milicic all over again. If the Cats go there I'll scream!!!), Webster and maybe May.

My smokey for the whole draft is Luke getting picked up late in the second round by the Knicks with the 54th pick. I think he's worth the investment of a second round pick, and then the Knicks own the rights but don't have to pay him. Send him to Europe for a few years and then see what happens.

Reply #35614 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

IMHO Bogut is going to go No 1. It's not often that a 7ft guy that can actually play comes along. So the Bucks would be silly to miss out - even if they use Bogut as a trade option. Smaller guys are a dime a dozen.

Bogut in Atlanta would be nice, but Bogut in Detroit would be even better. Hey I can dream.

Reply #35618 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I really think Milwaukee will go for Andrew. They have a fairly decent roster at the moment with the only lacking peice of the puzzle being a centre. Andrew's a great passer which will help the likes of Redd, Mason, TJ Ford etc. Williams will be a good player in a few years but I don't think the Bucks are looking that far ahead.
Chris Paul will get picked up by Atlanta and Williams will go to Portland.

Reply #35641 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Bogut in Detroit.... Bizzy are you smoking those cones again?????

Reply #35646 | Report this post

Ben Affleck  
Years ago

Bucks are sure to pick Bogut.
Milwaukee haven't had a decent centre since Lew Alcindor. Bogut is a great passer and will find Redd.

Reply #35648 | Report this post

Comic Book Guy  
Years ago

I hope he goes at number 2 to the Hawks. Bogut in the post surrounded by Childress and Smith. Potential plus! On top of that they have heaps of cap space to a max free agent, preferrably a PG
Starting line up of
Bogut
Harrington
Smith
Childress
$$$$$$ to spend

Reply #35650 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Not sure about the Hawks keeping Harrington, I thought they were thinking of unloading him.

The last free agent of any note to go to Atlanta was Dikembe. Not exactly a place where free agents want to play.

Reply #35651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wana c bugout fall to number 6 - he stays in utah, where he is among a lot of white guys, with a backcourt of a machine gun in ak47 and an alcoholic - boozer..

sounds like port adelaide to me

Reply #35696 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

im taking a u turn.im passing on chris paul to the hawks.i rekon its a risky pick at 5'11.marvin williams will br fine.he would be a sixth man for us in his rookie season as he has done with north carolina.

Reply #36114 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:56 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754