Anonymous
Years ago

NBL Tribunal finds Holmes not guilty

Fro NBL Twitter:

Townsville Crocs Jacob Holmes to face @NBL Tribunal on charge of tripping after incident in 2nd quarter of @TsvCrocs v @wollongonghawks

Full details of Jacob Holmes charge will be posted on the @NBL website shortly (2hrs ago)

(Mod: Topic title updated.)

Topic #31114 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

If Madgen can get off with a fine for throwing a chair at an umpire, I think Holmes will be fine.

Reply #409004 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

I could see Holmes getting a week for that.
I'd like for him not to, but I couldn't really argue with the decision if he did.

Jacob may or may not be out of pocket for the incident, but he's getting off lightly compared to Demos, who will remain huge tosser regardless of what the tribunal decides.

Reply #409011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$1000 fine and a 1 game suspended sentence for throwing a chair that hits a referee. He will be fine and no more than a $500 fine.

Reply #409013 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

He needs to get the NBL Players Association Rep involved - oh isn't that him?

Reply #409077 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Townsville Crocodiles forward Jacob Holmes has been cleared of Tripping by the National Basketball League Tribunal and is free to play in the Crocodiles Round 23 clash against the Melbourne Tigers.

The NBL Tribunal found the contact by Holmes on Wollongong's Tyson Demos was accidental and it was not the player’s intention to trip Demos.

NBL Tribunal Chair Elizabeth Woods said in her findings: "The Tribunal finding in relation to the incident from the video footage and after interviewing the player is that the trip was not intentional and a not guilty finding with the charge being dismissed is to be recorded."

Reply #409424 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I seriously can't believe that. IMO it was Jacob's only intention to bring down Demos by tripping him.

Reply #409426 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Fair enough, if Demos also gets off scott free, so should Holmes!

Reply #409427 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

The footage from the baseline angle was inconclusive. I don't know if they were able to view anything else which told a different story but that angle couldn't possibly determine Holmes as guilty.

Reply #409430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Elizabeth Woods is a judge in her real life I am sure she is able to 'judge' she is also a high level bball referee

Reply #409433 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Yes, because thats what a judge is. Someone who makes a guess based on a lack of evidence.

Reply #409434 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Judge wouldn't convict if the evidence was inconclusive though, right?

Reply #409436 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Thats my point. Her being a judge doesn't mean she can just decide something based on no evidence.

Reply #409437 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Sorry, maybe the sarcasm didn't translate from my previous post.

Reply #409438 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

One bullet, dodged.

Reply #409446 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Judges always determine without any real evidence. Don't you people watch Judge Judy lol

Reply #409460 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:27 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754