Anonymous
Years ago

NBL on demand - how much?

How much is an on demand game on NBL TV and what is the quality like?

Topic #31133 | Report this topic

Loco  
Years ago

Was $70 for the season. Not sure if you can buy individual games. Quality varies a lot (obviously dependant on intamaweb0rz speeds).

Reply #409365 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I think they have a new special out. $18 for the rest of the season, including playoffs.

Reply #409369 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

I think you can buy monthly packages.. go to nbl.tv and have a look if you can figure it out.

Quality is good to crap depending on who you talk to.

Reply #409370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The quality varies quite a bit (& not just due to your connection). It's mostly watchable though even when the quality is poor. The coverage can be very amateurish, especially at some venues like Wollongong when they persist in showing large parts of the game from a baseline camera or switching to a shot of a coach when there is action going on. Commentary is poor to acceptable too but that's the same on free to air TV since we just do not have a great depth of basketball commentators in this country so we are stuck with some very ordinary talent.

$18 for the rest of the season including playoffs is a great deal to give it a try.

Reply #409375 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Quality varies but if you're a fan, you can endure even the shoddy feeds and guess which player is which and where the ball is. I definitely think it's worth it and I don't often make use of the replays.

Reply #409381 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks everyone, sounds like the $18 deal would be worth a go. I'm keen to watch Gibbo's 250th, hopefully it means a win!

Reply #409386 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

If you are watching on mobile that quality varies from average to "i can't even tell if that guy is black or white", with no correlation between your mobile signal/speed and the actual quality of the feed from NBL.tv. You can be in the middle of the desert with shitty signal and get an okay feed and then try to watch on 4G in the middle of Melbourne and it will be crap.

I was on month to month so I cancelled. Will think about it again next year.

I travel a lot for work so I can only will ever watch on mobile.

The few times I have watched on web it has been equally frustrating. I find there is no correlation between the speed/quality you set the NBL.tv to stream at and the actual quality of the feed.

Reply #409485 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:41 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754