COLLEGEIDEA
Years ago

Andre Lemanjis interviewed for Boomers Job

Melbourne's Herald Sun reports today that Andre Lemanjis has been interviewed for the boomers Job.

Topic #31137 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

That "j" is far from home!

Reply #409442 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Beveridge interviewed today.

Reply #409458 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

be careful what you wish for.....oz cricket team.....oz swimming team....weak admin...weak coaches....weak,easy = bad decisions & breeding ground for negative cultures.

i think BA should bite the bullet and go after a tough coach like Brendan J_yce.

Reply #409462 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

You just dont want to listen to his commentary any more! And that's perfectly understandable. I vote FOSOJ for coach and Carfino for assistant.

Reply #409465 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Isaac, when is the little orange ball making a comeback. paul can have one for that.

Reply #409467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL - Joyce's commentaries are like job interviews. Hilarious

Reply #409495 | Report this post

COLLEGEIDEA  
Years ago

No way in hell Brendan Joyce coaches the boomers.
Andre makes sense because he has been in the brett brown system so if they were willing to continue to follow that path then that makes sense.
Bevo has down well at junior world champs so has the experience but his physical game plan may not translate to the international scene.
The boomers needs a coach who understands what it takes to compete on a truly international stage at the senior level and that is why i think that lemanjis should get the nod over bevo.

Reply #409534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers play as physical as Wildcats, doesnt mean either Lemanis or Beveridge can only coach that way. Beveridge has shown in Hoop Summit and Under 19s his schemes are very effective in less physical styles.

Either would be a good choice.

Reply #409547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yer Bevo Played a zone for 40 at one summit, the USA scouts were pissed.

Reply #409551 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

I notice a few comments from experienced posters not offering suggestions on who should coach the boomers??
including yourself Isaac.(on this thread)

If it is not a coach already in the system maybe Goorjian should be paid his asking price.

I just dont see how any of our NBL coaches are going to take it to another level.

Reply #409736 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

skull, experienced at posting or experienced at choosing international coaches?!

Reply #409740 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

Isaac,the point being i just dont see the point of hiring an existing NBL coach as a rookie boomers head coach.

Reply #409768 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:13 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754