Isaac
Years ago

Taipans vs Tigers, Mar 22

Your pick to win this one?

Topic #31215 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

Taipans win this and the Crocs are out of playoff contention. Doubly motivating to clinch a playoffs berth AND eliminate your arch-rival with the one win.

This one is Cairns' for the taking. At home with a fantastic crowd in an all-or-nothing game and without Flynn suiting up? It'd take a massive chokefest to drop this one.

Reply #410429 | Report this post

CB  
Years ago

anyone know if Flynn is playing?

Reply #410438 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

HS article says he wont play again this season.

Reply #410448 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

Taipans by 12.....full house will be rocking.

Reply #410466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

would be a travesty if this taipans side made the playoffs. They are absolutely dire.

Reply #410505 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Goulding dominant all night with 25 points and hits game-winner, Tigers win 66-64.

Reply #410512 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Alex Loughton is a joke. This lot don't deserve the playoffs.

I felt sorriest for the cheerleaders and Cairns Wildlife dome people forced to try to sell season tickets to an obviously disgusted group of fans who couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Reply #410514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would love to see the stats for this game but once again NBL box score is frozen at half time. Useless.

Reply #410517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great effort by the tigers with Flynn, Ballinger and Walker out.

Reply #410523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goulding wrapping up MIP.

Reply #410526 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I think Ben Madgen might have something to say about that...

Reply #410534 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Was it a Taipans game last time that had a problematic box score too?

Reply #410535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Absolute dodgy Townsville ref call on Loughton! A disgrace!

That said , congratulations to Melb with limited players on court for the fighting effort.

Reply #410540 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

a fitting end really.....no second shots,not sure how many points in the paint to tigers but felt like about 80 percent.
fearne left gliddon naked on that last goulding play,no sign of any help anywhere...layup!
loughtons illegal screen,WAS an illegal screen...dumb shit!
gone-edwards,steindel,williams.
in-one big m/f for some presence and boards.

Reply #410547 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

also dusty.....gone

Reply #410554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Steindl has a 3 year contract skull he will still be there

Reply #410565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still no box score Isaac...

Reply #410568 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

why not point the finger at tragardh? when was the last playoff series he was in?

Reply #410576 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Trigger made the Finals with Wollongong in 2010, losing the series to Perth. Not too shabby.

Reply #410591 | Report this post

John  
Years ago

Although I find the Cairns loss a dissapointment, congratulations to the Tigers for their win last night. I am curious for some more "objective" commentary (if possible!!) because I am really perplexed as to why halfway into the 2nd qtr the Taipans seem to have lost their mojo.

- John

Reply #410594 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

john - go and have a look at the stats....be as objective as you like.
tigers- got 42 of their 66 points in the paint.
12 points from second opportunities.
out rebounded Cairns 34-24.

I rest my case.

Reply #410619 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

"Absolute dodgy Townsville ref call on Loughton"

I love the absolutely one-eyed one-way rivalry of Cairns fans. Townsville fans don't even think of Cairns as a rival.

Love it how you manage to bring the Crocs into the equation where it's not even slightly relevant. How Townsville, the team with one of the worst home court advantages in the league, can have some sort of "reffing advantage", compared to teams like Perth and NZ who have amazing home courts, longer travel distances, and thus more easily persuaded officials, is some reach buddy.

Reply #410639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mick, don't even try to put forward a case of 'cairns supporters are worse and have more hatred than townsville supportersā€˜. Cairns fans just say the opposite; you aren't going to get anywhere in that debate.

Reply #410684 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:18 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754