Anonymous
Years ago

NBL: Who Will Make It?

One round to go. Just about every game is huge. We know who will be 1 and 2, but who sneaks in to the final two spots?

Topic #31218 | Report this topic

Quickie  
Years ago

Gong and cairns

Reply #410462 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

i wanna see tigers make 3. I reckon a cats v tigers semi at perth arena first up is going to have some fireworks!

plus you know the crowd will tear into flynn

Reply #410464 | Report this post

JimmyBuckets  
Years ago

I hope the Hawks get one of the spots, huge fan of how they go about it, especially considering there financial restrictions and the injuries they have copped, wouldnt mind the Kings in 4th spot, also had a bad run of injuries and have done very well,

also would be good to see Madgen and Forman get a playoff run if Hawks and Kings make it.

Reply #410471 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

I also hope the Hawks make it, real shame about their poor luck with injury.

Reply #410473 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Im picking Wollongong & Cairns.

Reply #410474 | Report this post

JimmyBuckets  
Years ago

Great effort by the community based teams to make the playoffs (if they do) with their financial ristrictions ay.

Reply #410475 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Melbourne and Sydney would be good for the league, Wollongong and Cairns not, but they are the third and fourth best teams and are in the best spots to make it.

The Hawks are clearly the third team, without those injuries they prob would have won 16 or 17 games so they deserve to be there.

Personally I hope it comes down to the last game on Sunday to decide the four.

Reply #410482 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Gong & Cairns

Reply #410483 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Gong & Cairns

Reply #410484 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I hope it's the 'Gong and Cairns.

Townsville sure as hell don't deserve it. Melbourne don't deserve it. Sydney probably deserve it a little more than Melb and TSV.

Whatever the hell "deserve" means...

Reply #410488 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Is it possible for Hawks and Kings to make it?

If not I guess Hawks and Cairns then.

Reply #410493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks yes but why are people saying Cairns deserve to make it, they've been right down the bottom of the ladder all season?

The Kings with their crap roster were much much better over the first 2/3 of the season.

Reply #410497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one has said Cairns deserve to make it, theyve just said they think theyll make it.

Hawks deserve it, theyve played at or close to their best in almost every game this year and have been cruelled by injuries/

Reply #410498 | Report this post

Jez  
Years ago

A bit off topic but thought it worth noting that the AFL site and all the club sites are down, an hour before the season is set to begin. Can only imagine the level of condemnation, how much of a 'farce' and a 'joke' this would be considered to be if it had happened to the NBL. Especially as so many on here like to post odes to the enviable 'professionalism' of the AFL whenever the NBL makes any misstep.

But anyway back on topic I think Wollongong and Cairns will get in. Though head office will probably be hoping Sydney win, Wollongong lose and Melbourne win their last two so the two biggest markets make it.

Reply #410503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All good to say hawks deserve to be there because without injuries they wouldve won 15+ games. In that case what about the 36ers? Without Clarke and radford that team wouldve been awesome.

Reply #410506 | Report this post

Rick  
Years ago

Sydney are locked in.

Reply #410508 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I assume Tigers can still make it if they win and Hawks lose?

Crocs and Taipans only ones ruled out after last night?

Reply #410536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@ Isaac The Tigers have to make up 79 points on the split don't they?

Reply #410590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So that's all she wrote - Wollongong third, Sydney fourth

TSV and MEL tomorrow will be playing for pride

Reply #410611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I should have said MEL are playing for 5th position if they win, 6th if they don't. TSV are 7th, regardless.

Reply #410613 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:34 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754