Isaac
Years ago

Talbot named WNBL Rookie of the Year

Lightning pick up an early award.

Topic #31236 | Report this topic

Dr6  
Years ago

Great work Steph - love Boti's write-up

"The ABC's Stephanie Brantz again hosted well but it was a tough and largely unresponsive crowd.
That is until Lightning's Steph Talbot hit the stage to accept her Rookie award. Asked what she had learned from playing with Olympians Suzy Batkovic, Laura Hodges and Jenni Screen, Talbot summed it up in one word: "Shitloads."
That brought the house down and showed there was life in the audience.
(You can take the kid out of Kadina but you can't take Kadina outta the kid.)"

Reply #410781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was a little surprised with this, I thought Spider Allen for Bulleen had just as much impact throughout the WNBL season than Talbot. Let's hope the kid from Kadina can improve her poor body language as it's an area that still needs much work especially when things aren't going Talbot's way.

Reply #410894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Again, i'm still confused as to what makes 'rookie of the year'? Especially say with Bec Allen, who played a few seasons at the institute. How long are you classed as being a rookie for? Surely your first season in WNBL would class you as being a rookie, and then you're done?

Reply #410899 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Anonymous,

Poor body language? I thought Talbot's attitude was pretty good all year. She knew her place in the side, was always willing to put her body on the line to earn/regain possession and only showed signs of frustration with herself. Not bad for kid.

Reply #410900 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Poor body language has always been an issue for Talbot especially going back to her junior days. There were signs of this in the final Vs Townsville when she picked up those 2 early & dumb fouls & then sulked her way to the bench. She must improve in this area.

Reply #410905 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:39 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754