flannagan ?

Reply #410743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

These all star 5's also made the top 5 of the MVP Count

Reply #410779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Really happy for Gabe Richards, got herself fitter than anytime in her WNBL career & reaped the rewards for it. Was a really dominant force in the low post for Bendigo & always plays to her strength.

Reply #410817 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Here were the top vote getters:

Suzy Batkovic (Adelaide) 179
Kristi Harrower (Bendigo) 151
Kathleen Macleod (Dandenong) 147
Gabrielle Richards (Bendigo) 117
Jenna O'Hea (Dandenong) 108
Kelsey Griffin (Bendigo) 102
Rachel Jarry (Bulleen) 88
Laura Hodges (Adelaide) 83
Tess Madgen (Bulleen) 82
Kayla Standish (Townsville) 79

Reply #410825 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is there somewhere to see the full list of vote getters? for each club?

Reply #410837 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not that I've been sent in media releases. If not the WNBL site, you might have to scour club sites?

Reply #410840 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Flanagan Season Statistics
PPG 5.6
RPG 2.9
APG 3.4
FG% 32.1

Played average 27.96 minutes per game

All star 5 I think not two good final games otherwise very poor season

Reply #410857 | Report this post

Triton 95  
Years ago

Kelsey Griffin should have been in the team before Ohea, her stats were much better.
Griffin:
Pts 16.5 (3rd) @ 45%
Rbs 8.6 (3rd)
A 0.8
Steals 1.7 (3rd)
Blks 0.9

Ohea:
Pts 14.5 (10th) @ 40.5%
Rbs 6.4 (8th)
A 6 (3rd)
Steals 1.2
Blks 0.9

Jenna had more assists thats it, Griffin also had less TO's and her team Bendigo finished with the best record in the league plus she was the Grand Final MVP.

Reply #410861 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

No real shocks but I too would have had Griffin in my 5 ahead of O'Hea. Not based on stats, but for overall impact at both ends of the floor.

Reply #410869 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where is the list of rankings for all statistics? ie ppg, rpg etc?

Reply #410871 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kelsey Griffin is a big and they put her teammate Richards in before her.

Kelsey averaged less then an assist per game, while Jenna was close to leading the league in assists.

Jenna put up similar numbers to Kelsey while also creating for everyone else as pretty much the point guard for the team. Kelsey could just focus on scoring and rebounding without having to do much else.

I don't think being the GF MVP has anything to do with the all star voting. If finals counted you could say Jenna had 23(42%)/12/7 compared to Kelsey's 16(33%)/14/0 when they met in the finals.

Reply #410877 | Report this post

Triton 95  
Years ago

^^ Anon, I posted both players stats above, Kelsey was clearly the better player and had more of an impact during matches. Both players often played the same position and they included 2 point guards in the all star 5 so your argument about Kelsey being a big and already including Gabe is irrelavant.

Reply #410879 | Report this post

Triton 95  
Years ago

Jenna Ohea finished 3rd in assists.
Kelsey Griffin finished 3rd in points, 3rd in rebounds and 3rd in steals, she shot almost 5% better than Jenna and had less TO'S.
It doesn't take a scientist to work out who had the better season.

Reply #410881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Kelsey Griffin had a better season than Jenna O'Hea and more impact during matches she would have recieved more MVP votes.

Reply #410885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kelsey Griffin wasn't around for the entire season was she?

Reply #410888 | Report this post

Triton 95  
Years ago

She played 19 games, more than enough to be considered for the Allstar 5.
Jenna played 5 more games and only finished a couple of votes in front of Kelsey had Kelsey played from the start of the season she would have finished in front of Jenna. There is no rule saying 19 games is not enough to get into the Allstar 5 so once again I say, Kelsey Griffin had a better season than Jenna Ohea and should have been in the Allstar 5.

Reply #410901 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, i was saying that Kelsey missed out on a few games so that's why Jenna would have got more votes than her! :) She should have been all star 5!

Reply #410917 | Report this post

DANDY  
Years ago

Jenna all he way!! Superstar and best player in Australia behind Liz & Loz... maybe better then Liz!! She is a gun!!

Reply #411363 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:42 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754