Isaac
Years ago

Batkovic wins second straight WNBL MVP award

Big asset for the Lightning and recognised again by the league. Right choice?

Topic #31246 | Report this topic

Years ago

memorable win by suzy - considering a few weeks out injured and some serious competition for this ward.

Reply #410751 | Report this post

Achtung Baby  
Years ago

Pity she wont be in an Adelaide Uniform next season...

But at least she might stick around, may even assistant coach?

Reply #410789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No adelaide uniform?

Reply #410795 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

She was pretty dominant this season, well earned.

Reply #410797 | Report this post

Years ago

no play ? explain

Reply #410803 | Report this post

Triton 95  
Years ago

She wont stick in Adelaide to be an assistant coach, she has not retired yet. She will play on for years yet, she is a champion and will probably be picked for the Opals at next years worlds. I hope Logan try and sign her for next season.

Reply #410887 | Report this post

Achtung Baby  
Years ago

She wont be retiring, just heard on the grapevine that she may have to take a year off... or around 9 months at least :P

Reply #410921 | Report this post

Triton 95  
Years ago

^ I hope a baby wont stop her from being able to play at the Worlds, As much as I would like them to pick a youthful side no one else stood up in recent years to take Suzi's place. After Cambage & LJ, Suzi is still our next best Big.

Reply #411137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It has to sting Suzy that her last 2 campaigns in the final series that she has been no where near her best even though she has dominated the last 2 regular seasons. Great players are usually judged on how they perform in the finals & to be honest Suzy has come up short for the Lightning in the last 2 years. Still a terrifc player & tremendous competitor but for me Suzy will feel that she has unfinished business in Adelaide until she delivers a Championship for the Lightning.

Reply #411451 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:41 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754