Anonymous
Years ago

Adelaide United fans booing own player?

Tonight i went to an A league game for the first time,when a player got on the whole stadium booed him,what the hell was that about?Has this ever happened to a 36ers player at a home game?

Topic #31249 | Report this topic

Tyrell  
Years ago

Who was the player? Give some context- who did he replace etc....

Reply #410752 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Lol soccer

Reply #410753 | Report this post

eli1  
Years ago

thats why they are called redneck united. name fits!

Reply #410757 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I can't remember an active Sixers player getting booed. I certainly remember an active Sixers coach getting booed. I definitely remember a former Sixers import getting booed.

Reply #410765 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you will find that was when Bruce Djite was brought on and the norm for the crowd is to chant bbrruuuuuuuce, to the untrained ear or rookie supporter it may have sounded like booooooo.

It is actually a sign of respect , same way the bulls fans would chant luuuuuuuke for luke longley in the day.

Reply #410769 | Report this post

Dr6  
Years ago

Yeah I remember getting confused by that when I first heard Sapwell on to the court to the "Roooooooooo" chant.

Reply #410782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Toxic Town!!!

Reply #410783 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hahahahahaha

Reply #410784 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

They weren't booing - it was a sign of respect for Bruce entering the game. Put your name to your post next time if your going to make poor statements

Reply #410785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I asked three fans that were sitting in front of me they told me to f--- off & almost started a fight, that's why i am asking here.Yes the player was Bruce as i found out today.

Reply #410954 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

Guys it would have been Bruuuuuuce. He was returning from injury and hadn't played for a month.

Reply #410957 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I have been a member of United for 6 year and don't think I have ever heard people boo their own player. I have heard it at the Sixers a number of times.

Reply #411042 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:45 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754