Wam Soosnam
Years ago

Buckle Linked to Bulleen

Appeared tonight on the herald Sun Website

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/east/adelaide-lightning-coach-peter-buckle-surprise-frontrunner-for-bulleen-wnbl-head-coach-position/story-fngnvmqa-1226606999288

Topic #31266 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

20 applicants, some from overseas ! amazing if true.

Should go to Gary Fox or Chambers...they best know the place.

Reply #411100 | Report this post

Years ago

looks promising for buckle - good chance IMO for opals as well.

did a great job at adeladie

Reply #411101 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Did a great job at Adelaide?
Out in straight sets two years running!

Reply #411130 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

Buckle may make it 3 years in adelaide, but doubt he will go 4, he would have needed to change his approach to people if he ever wanted to stay a long term in a single club as a head coach in Oz.

US college ball would be his best fit, where the players change totally every 4 years and he is indispensible to their retaining their scholarship.

Definetely a dedicated basketball coach, and wish him well, but he's not a long term soluion for any club, I suspect Chris Lucas will have a longer term at townsville by a long margin.

Reply #411134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would be bitterly disappointed if Buckle decided to cut n run back to Melbourne especially if he has 1 year remaining on his contract. His coaching style does tend to 'burn bridges' as he goes, his coaching style is not for everyone that is for sure. A coach that can sustain longevity must have good communication skills & be able to manage people in the face of adversity, apparently these are areas that Buckle must continue to develop.

Reply #411145 | Report this post

Triton 95  
Years ago

Should go back to Chambers, she never deserved to lose her position in the first place.

Reply #411154 | Report this post

Years ago

like to know the overseas punters

Reply #411155 | Report this post

Years ago

sandy coach back in Aust ?

Reply #411156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so Chambers can choke in finals as well??

Reply #411157 | Report this post

Triton 95  
Years ago

Anon, she didn't choke when she took them to the grand final in her last season, Bulleen almost pulled off an amazing upset in the grand final, stupid.

Reply #411184 | Report this post

COLLEGEIDEA  
Years ago

Chambers is at kilsyth i think and i think her son plays juniors at Bulleen.

Reply #411204 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

I think Buckle will stay he signed a three year contract for good money so I don't think Vince will want to pay that out.
Chambers would be a big mistake little development and no imagination on match day.

Reply #411224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chambers went to Knox at the end of the 2011 SEABL season - so her 2nd yr in charge there at the moment.

Reply #411227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #411228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^Anon a few above ...

Chambers has no idea on match day ???

As Triton pointed out, a few years back Chambers took Bulleen to within 3 points of a title (and into the Club's first ever WNBL Grand Final) with an undermanned team relative to the Caps.

Oh yeah, and happens to be a National Coach with the Gems, reappointed in 2011 for another stint.

That's someone with no imagination is it ? Duh ...

Reply #411229 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Would love to see Chambers get the job.

Reply #411264 | Report this post

HJskls  
Years ago

I hear Ray Tomlinson has put in for the job. Former tigers coach... would be good in the role!!

Reply #411362 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What has he put in ?

Reply #411393 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If buckle leaves Vince doesn't have to pay him anything.

Reply #411395 | Report this post

Cherry picker  
Years ago

Ray was a great contributor to Australian basketball but he has not be involved in elite basketball and most current wnbl players would not know much about him or be attracted to be at Boomers because of him. The Boomers are a small club with a small budget so they need a coach that will attract players like Tom Maher did because the players see the coach as some-one that will help their development or their Opals selection.

Reply #411455 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahaha chambers back at Bulleen can not coach on game day should be a technical assistant of opals her scouting is good that is all

Reply #411634 | Report this post

HJskls  
Years ago

Ray still has plenty in contacts in the australian b'ball community. Will absolutely help kids get a chance to be an opal! Tomlinson would be a real asset at any club. I think you'd be surprised, wnbl players will know him. Not many people are in the Australian Basketball Hall of Fame!

Reply #411937 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:03 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754