Replacements?

Reply #411399 | Report this post

Rabbit 47  
Years ago

Marty could be his replacement!

Reply #411403 | Report this post

rhea79  
Years ago

Joey Wright-prob renting on the GC. Desperate to get back into NBL.

Trevor Gleeson bought a house in Victoria, wife has a good job and health appears to be excellent, any one know if he is still working for North Melb AFL?
He left Crocs on good terms, surely?

Brendan Joyce. Daniel Joyce should be re-signed by the Kings. That "problem" should be dead and buried.

Like to see Joyce or Gleeson get the job.

Reply #411404 | Report this post

rhea79  
Years ago

BTW where is this announced?

Reply #411407 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woolpert was a poor selection in the first place. Despite his apparent ability to coach it was abundantly clear that he wasnt that good with his selecting the cattle

Reply #411410 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would Flynn be likely to land another job in the NBL? Assistant back here in Adelaide?

Reply #411415 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

I never rated him, and I can't believe he lasted this long. A Gleeson replacement who had all of Gleeson's negatives but none of his positives.
Good move, Crocs. And good for the NBL. The league needs that team to not be a basket case.

Must be your move next, Adelaide.

Reply #411416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woolpert did about as well last year as Gleeson ever did despite not having Schenscher for a good chunk of the season.

Reply #411417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What was gleeson doing for north melb in afl?

Reply #411418 | Report this post

Vladimir Putin  
Years ago

Mike Kelly in the mix, Andre's girlfriend been back to Townsville renovating their house. So Andre is a possibility too.

Reply #411422 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

Excellent, we wait for three wooden spoons the Crocs wait for a mixed season.
Why has Clarkes removal not been announced!!!

Reply #411424 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

It's only just happened.. I put something up on ATF this morning after I confirmed it with the team.

Reply #411425 | Report this post

Missing  
Years ago

If the Crocs are serious about being a contender they need to re-sign Ervin and Nevill, cut ties with Michael Cedar and Ben Allen, and get a contract out to Guy Molloy asap

Reply #411426 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Excellent, we wait for three wooden spoons the Crocs wait for a mixed season.
Why has Clarkes removal not been announced!!!

I thought this too just continues to make the 36ers look like rank amateurs. The Crocs don't accept one season of missing the playoffs but the 36ers accept continually being at the bottom of the ladder.

Reply #411430 | Report this post

Bball fan  
Years ago

Announced on the herald sun website. Great move for the crocs.

My tip - rob rose will be assistant or even coach.

It's time for a shake up!

Reply #411432 | Report this post

Quickie  
Years ago

Rose to be a perfect fit to Crocs,bring woolpert and flynn to adelaide

Reply #411433 | Report this post

Vladimir Putin  
Years ago

Won't be rob, he has a restaurant to run.

Reply #411436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Won't be Rob Rose. Coached QBL years ago and wasn't a very good coach. Did well his first year but completely lost control of the group in his second year, far too relaxed for QBL let alone NBL

Reply #411444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/basketball/townsville-crocodiles-sack-coach-paul-woolpert/story-fne39tgo-1226609021714

0/10 poor player selection = sacking.

Reply #411448 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just saying, but what makes the average hoops poster an expert on who should coach what team. How would rob rose be a good fit. Wtf. How can a hoops poster possibly gauge how rob rose will go as a coach?

Reply #411460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because the hoops posters saw how bad he was at coaching a qabl side.

Reply #411463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe the hoops poster has played the game at the highest level alongside Rob Rose? I dont know, but you would be very suprised just who posts opinions on here. Not every post is made from some fat slob that dominated basketball when he/she was a juniour.

Reply #411464 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Which players, exactly, did Woolpert select that lead to his sacking?

Ervin - pass
Nevill - pass
Crawford - pass, though overrated as a 9-point player
Holmes - pass
Blanchfield - pass
Hinder - pass, for 40k/year
Allen - fail, but showed (deceptive) improvement in the offseason
Norton - pass
M.& C.Cedar - fail x2, but I'm sure management played a role in keeping these two on the roster

Granted, Woolpert's imports to start the season were poor choices, however, Gill and Mims were both solid imports the season prior.

I'm just not seeing how Woolpert's recruiting was the problem, regardless of whether he should've been sacked or not...

Reply #411475 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can we sack marty clarke now? or..

Reply #411483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good idea selecteing players that "pass". Rewarding mediocity is never going to win you a title.
Gleeson set up most of the side the previous year too.
Woolpert going all the way to america to hand pick and scout 2 guys that had already played for him was a poor decision. Not only that they were crap.

Reply #411490 | Report this post

Bball fan  
Years ago

Never said Rob Rose would be a good coach, only said he will be some sort of coach next season with the crocs.

Reply #411494 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:54 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754