Anonymous
Years ago

Level One Coaching Course?

In my first year of coaching I feel like I should get a Level One Coaching certificate.

What does the course actually involve for those of you who have done it? Is it hard? Surely there is no exam at the end of the course or something similar?

Topic #31310 | Report this topic

Happy Days  
Years ago

Very good course depending on who takes it.Depends what state your in. If in Victoria contact Basketball Victoria and they will advise you of the next course.

Reply #412019 | Report this post

Years ago

probably an idea to have level 1 if you are going for any national vacancies..........

Reply #412103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But what does the course actually involve? I'm in Victoria.

Is it a written exam? Or do you just run drills and stuff?

Reply #412113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.ausport.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0019/131194/BeginningCoachingCurriculum.pdf

Reply #412118 | Report this post

Years ago

usually a day or two (6-10 hrs ?) - run by an experienced coach. talks about fundamentals - skills, drills, game plans, managing athletes - plus some books (may be on DVD nowdays)

Reply #412119 | Report this post

Years ago

no exam

Reply #412120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So its one of those courses where I literally just have to attend and I will pass pretty much?

It would be good if someone who has actually done it can tell me what sort of activities there are or if you just sit there and listen to a lecture.

Reply #412127 | Report this post

Years ago

when i did it - classroom and on court

it is an attendance based course qualification - unless you are a total gumby.

i am sure basketball aust has the books etc on their website

Reply #412131 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

. is correct! Level 2 involves an exam (when I did it, it did!!)

Reply #412168 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:23 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754