Anonymous
Years ago

NBL teams and their lineups next season

Who's your team and what should their (realistic) lineup be next year?

Topic #31324 | Report this topic

meo  
Years ago

You had me fixated at the title of this thread, I actually thought it was another sack Marty thread and was about to point you to the fact that it had already happened

Reply #412247 | Report this post

kr  
Years ago

I'll Play!

Crocs

Starters Bench

Ervin Norton
PC Dan Dillon or M Cedar
Blanchfield Mitch Young
Lazare or similar Holmes
Nevill Hinder

Reply #412250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mitch Young ain't a 3/swingman

Reply #412253 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

kr, what's that? Allen, Cedar, Cedar out. Dillon, Young, Lazare in? Could they afford that upgrade?

For my teams:

Adelaide (assuming Gibson goes)
Ervin/Daly
Creek/Cadee
Weigh/Import
Petrie/Vasiljevic
Johnson/Schenscher
Out: Christopherson, Gibson; In: Ervin, cheap import

Wollongong
Martin/Djeric
Hurdle/Demos
Import/Coenraad
Forman/Gruber
Davidson/Macmillan
Out: Jackson, Deleon, Saville; In: Import SF who can play some D.

Reply #412256 | Report this post

Jez  
Years ago

Sydney

Henry/Bruce
Madgen/Harvey
Import/Muo
Worthington?/Garlepp
Crosswhite/Vanderjagt?

There's a rumour on twitter that AJ Ogilvy might go to the Kings but that's a little hard to believe, especially with Crosswhite re-signed

Reply #412260 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Breakers

*Jackson/Webster
Corletto/Bruton
Abercrombie/Te Rangi
Vukona/Henry
Pledger/Hudson

*IF he doesn't make an "NBA" roster (fingers crossed he stays and naturalizes for the Tall Blacks)

If it aint broke don't fix it.
Coaching staff have been pretty happy with Will Hudsons efforts and if he goes well through the finals series I fully expect him to be invited back. TeRangi to get a full roster spot with Boucher retiring.

Reply #412262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bruton? Time to move on i think, give a dp player a chance. Who is signed for next season for the breakers? Sori if it has been on here be for.

Reply #412274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth Wildcats

Martin*/Robbins
Carter/Bartlett
Import/Hire
Redhage/Ellis (Cody)
Knight/Wagstaff

Reply #412275 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

"Bruton? Time to move on i think, give a dp player a chance. Who is signed for next season for the breakers? Sori if it has been on here be for."

he has said next season is his last.

Reply #412278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@Isaac,

Is Deleon leaving or did you want him out?

Reply #412279 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

"Perth Wildcats

Martin*/Robbins
Carter/Bartlett
Import/Hire
Redhage/Ellis (Cody)
Knight/Wagstaff"

is Wagstaff planning to grow in the offseason?

Reply #412281 | Report this post

David97  
Years ago

Wilson/Bruce
Gliddon/Steindl
Grabau/Hill
Tragardh/Loughton
Big Import/Cheap Aussie,maybe Andronicus

Give Loughton a sixth man role, probably not up to the level of a starter. Need a big defensive presence inside to stop the easy baskets. Steindl can also play minutes at the three, as Grabau can the two. If Hill doesn't want to come back then maybe a Steven Weigh type and put Grabau back to the bench.

Reply #412282 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dunigan would have to be first contact for any team wanting a big import, surely? Not sure that Cairns could fit him in without changes elsewhere to free up money? They'd have to think about it IMO because they need something more.

Worthington to Tigers is the talk there. I wonder if they'll just do:

Gibson/Tomlinson
Goulding/whoever
Walker/cheap import
Worthington/Greer
Ballinger/Burston

Anon re Deleon, not sure if he's leaving, but I would let him and Grant go. Hurdle strikes me more as a player who fits their structure. I reckon Deleon lost as many as he won this year. Djeric and Demos leaves them without an impact scoring guard off the bench but if the SF import can play some SG, that could work and leave time for Coenraad who I thought improved this year. 9 and 4 with 52% from 3P.

Reply #412287 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

RE Hawks-Djeric going to Partenza, Serbia??
Where do they need that import more at 1,2 or 3.
Is there any way they could start with 1 import and then have an import spot to cover any injuries??? So hard to cover an Aussie injury but a free import spot is a different option.

Reply #412288 | Report this post

Timmy D  
Years ago

ADELAIDE
Ervin Daly
Creek Cedar
Weigh Lewis
DJ Young
Dunigan Schenscer

Reply #412290 | Report this post

#REDemption  
Years ago

Perth wildcats 13/14

Bartlett/lisch (will be a Aussie by july)
Carter/Martin**replaced by robbo till hes fit
Import ( depends of lisch ) or Ellis (cody) /Hire
Redhage/Wagstaff
Knight/Dunigan/Trueman

depend on points i say they will run with 11 man squad

and we will be looking at our 7th championship :)

we can all dream

Reply #412291 | Report this post

#REDemption  
Years ago

Dunigan has made it very clear to all other clubs he will only ever play for the Cats in the NBL anyone that puts him in there list is more twisted that the people who run the 36ers

Reply #412293 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

Cairns
wilson,bruce
gliddon,grabau
steindl,hill
loughton,trigger
dunigan.

need 1 x aussie impact player in 3 spot

Reply #412294 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

skull; how is Steindl going from 5min a game player this season to a starter next season? I don't see him improving that much, that quickly.

Reply #412300 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Timmy D

ADELAIDE
Ervin Daly
Creek Cedar
Weigh Lewis
DJ Young
Dunigan Schenscer

--
Petrie and Cadee are still under contract, while Weigh is not and most believe he will leave for greener pastures (Wollongong?).

Cedar and Lewis? Really?

As soon as the 36ers-Jim Buss ownership deal is finalized the club might be able to splurge on Dunigan, but until then...

Reply #412303 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like Isaacs 36ers team, hopefully we end up with that or something very close, along with good coaches (hopefully) should have us back in the play off hunt.

Reply #412304 | Report this post

HAWKHEAD  
Years ago

Wollongong

Martin / Djeric
Hurdle / Demos
Weigh / Coenraad
Forman / Gruber
Davidson / Macmillan

or

Martin / Djecic (or another young Australian or cheap veteran like a Luke Martin)
Hurdle / Demos
Coenraad / Jackson
Forman / Gruber
Import (Dunigan) / Davidson

Not many imports better than Davidson available at NBL dollars.
Other than Dunigan have there been many good BIG centres to justify the how much more they'd likely cost?

Will Hudson would be nice, but is he an improvement over Davidson? Is he worth using an import spot on?

Reply #412306 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Timmy D, why would you pay out Petrie's contract? He was one of our best!

And if the Melbourne misfits don't want Lewis, I don't think I'd be keen on him either. Or Cedar. That's like the All-Star duo of players I wouldn't be too keen to see on my team.

HAWKHEAD, I think Davidson is pretty decent considering. Which centres in the league would you consider an upgrade at both ends of the court? Knight probably. Pledger might be comparable. Crosswhite perhaps. Johnson couldn't match him on D.

Best to settle what decent options you can and make limited, flexible gambling moves elsewhere (e.g., SG and SF, IMO).

Reply #412307 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Hudson and Davidson would be a great centre combo, all bases covered between them. But it's hard to see Hudson leaving NZ, perhaps only if Pledger heads OS and they get Wilkinson back, but I dont think that will happen just yet.

Reply #412310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bennie Lewis has just signed for Perth Redbacks in WA State League. Interesting move.

Reply #412313 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

anon- steindl has to respond to the challenge from fearne.....question is,can he or can't he....i think he can,if he can't it's goodbye to his nbl career for now.
thats what cairns is,they need to jag an over performing rookie(or 2) to make the franchise work.

its not about his skillset,more about between the ears stuff.

Reply #412314 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Isaac, any particular reason you've moved Creek to the starting SG role? Perhaps the risk of losing him if his mins don't increase?

As much as I like Creek, I'd be a bit worried about perimeter shooting with that starting lineup.

If we lose Gibson as you suggest, Ervin would be a nice replacement, but he isn't a great ranged shooter either, so it would increase the need for a decent shooter at the other guard spot.

A good SG who can shoot from range won't come cheap I guess, but if push came to shove, I'd rather spend the money there and let Weigh walk.

You then get enough perimeter shooting in the backcourt to offset Creek's limited range, allowing him to play his natural role as a slasher on offence, whilst getting him to concentrate on defence and rebounding at the other end.

Reply #412322 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

That's a good point, for Ervin to be most effective you need shooters around him.

Reply #412328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If lemanis goes to the crocs as rumoured I'd expect they would could make a play for Hudson in nz doesn't sign him

Reply #412329 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

@skull: you want to jag ANOTHER quality rookie? That's a bit greedy, isn't it? lol... You got the relatively unknown diamond in Gliddon as well as Steindl who could have come along better maybe if Gliddon hadn't been worthily taking up the spotlight... it's one thing to challenge your rookies, but if you don't put the work in, you're not going to get it out of them either... Combine them with Trigger, Loughton, Wilson, all starter level player son any NBL team, and I think what you really need is for them to actually start playing to their potential... Is all the blame to be laid on them, or the coach?

But to the task at hand... And trying to fit into the points cap as well...

Henry* (10)^ / Bruce (7)^^
Lisch (10) / White (4)##
Madgen (7) / Harvey (7)#
Ogilvy (10) / College Returnee 3/4 (3)
Crosswhite (8) / Garlepp (4)
Total: 70pts

^ - As a returning import with 2 POTWs under his belt, I don't like my chances of him getting re-rated, but you never know, crazier things have happened...
^^ - If Bruce could get rated down a point, that would be helpful and I think warranted.
# - I'd prefer Harvey to just realise his body isn't up to it and retire, but from what I've read, he really is keen to go around again and Hammer is talking him up, so while I think he's taking up valuable points that could be spread around better, it seems like we're stuck with him.
## - As a 9/10th player, I think he performed ok this season. Had a hard target to guard in Jackson in the final game, and he went after the task with gusto. If he can consistently nail that open outside shot, I think, especially considering his player points, he's a known quantity and passable...

Going through graduating seniors now, I know Brandt has that ACL injury, but no idea when he'll be up and running again, let alone if he is still able to go back to Oregon State or not, or what, but a local talent who was looking at his best season so far... Of course, Motum would be ideal, but I doubt he'll stop in the NBL...

Reply #412334 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Not sure why so many Taipans fans go so absolutely nuts for Steindl. Maddeningly inconsistent, flashes of brilliance (and THAT dunk) but always looks like he's not entirely sure what's happening. They also love Dusty Rychart though which is also completely inexplicable.

I'd also like to see Edwards do another season. He really turned around in the second half of the season. And he's great to watch.

Cairns really need a new big man, that should be their absolute priority before next season. And Loughton needs to go see a sports pyschologist; his chokes were instrumental in nearly every one of the losses post xmas.

Ship out Brad Hill, wheel Dusty Rychart off to the retirement home and see if Fearney can find a couple of diamonds in the rough in the off-season...

Reply #412337 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Firstly I think Townsville need rebounding and if the new coach has him in his natural position as a small forward then they should make a play at a rebounding power forward and I like the idea of Lazare or Hudson with Luke Nevill at centre and with Blanchfield and Hinder on the bench there's plenty of options to go bigger or smaller.

Secondly Gruber was excellent in semi final 2 but Wollongong have been horrendous on the boards and Foreman and Davidson are too good to lose but bringing in some extra help on the glass is more vital than sending Coenraad back to the bench.

As for Adelaide I don't give a stuff but I hope Schenscher is healthy when season starts and when 36ers get their shit together they will come at everyone strong.

I Like Cairns lineup but I hope Brad Hill gets court time next season wherever he is as he is so exciting to watch when he attacks the basket, I'd love to see them get another centre to replace Rychart. I'd like to see Grabau come off the bench but he works hard so it wouldn't surprise me if he made his way back into starting 5

Melbourne tigers biggest problems with turnovers but if they keep the similar line up that should be reduced and I think they could go far next season depending on imports.

New Zealand should be playing Henry at 4 but giving the import big more court time should be enticing.

Sydney should play Dann as the small forward he is and they get a true centre to back up Crosswhite. I'd like to see Corin Henry stay in the NBL and would be good to see him grow in the Violet Crumble singlet.

Now for my Wildcats

Martin/Carter (Robbins backing up if Damo has long lay off)
Lisch/Lewis or Bartlett
Hire/ Wagstaff (Wagstaff's been told play SF is you want a Boomers jersey
Knight/Redhage
Dunigan/Trueman or Michael Vigor

I've been told that lineup exceeds salary cap and points system and I would love to put Ellis in this lineup but not sure just how we could fit him in

Reply #412338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wagstaff Boomers Jersey??

I just spat my coffee out all over my iPad.

Reply #412361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CT, Not sure what planet you live in but Dusty is GONE and NOBODY is arguing with that in Cairns. Edwards GONE, a few jams and you want him back? Crazy thinking. If Cairns had balls Edwards gone for either Dunigan or Nevill would have meant 4 more more wins.

Reply #412458 | Report this post

Pikachu  
Years ago

Nobody wants to steal Pledger off the breakers?
Or Webster? Henry? Make a bid for penney to comeback

Reply #412461 | Report this post

Nike Al  
Years ago

Wildcats

Martin / Carter
Lisch / Bartlett
Wagstaf / Hire
Knight / Redhage / Cody Ellis
Dunigan / Tom Jervis

Reply #412466 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I think the Sixers should take a serious look at Webster, but they need a coach first and that doesn't look like getting done soon enough.

Wookie, don't you think a Crosswhite/ Ogilvy frontcourt would be horrendously slow? Would be too easily exploited by more mobile bigs in the NBL IMO.

Reply #412468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ervin has said he wants to return to crocs and that the ball is in crocs court to get him

Reply #412473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Martin/Hurdle
Lisch/Demos
Weigh/Coenraad
Forman/Gruber
Pledger/MacMillan

I'm pretending the Hawks won the lotto and spent up big.

Reply #412478 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

"I think the Sixers should take a serious look at Webster, but they need a coach first and that doesn't look like getting done soon enough."

Webster won't be leaving the Breakers anytime soon sorry.

Reply #412479 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

"Nobody wants to steal Pledger off the breakers?
Or Webster? Henry? Make a bid for penney to comeback"

I'm sure they are all sick of living at home in NZ and winning.
Kirk Penney won't play for an Australian franchise in the NBL.

Reply #412480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like Isaacs team of

Ervin/Daly
Creek/Cadee
Weigh/Import
Petrie/Vasiljevic
Johnson/Schenscher
Out: Christopherson, Gibson; In: Ervin, cheap import

But would consider a slight change, one being making Weigh basically a stretch 4, i think his speed would be less exposed, he is of similar size and strength to most pfs in the NBL and is a decent enough rebounder, also helps add another shooter to the line up.

Id go

C Schenscher/Johnson (in a Deleon like 6th man role)

PF Weigh/Petrie

SF Creek/Rookie (search for the next Gliddon, Madgen type, 10th man spot so not a huge deal who we get or grab Brad Hill or Dan Dillon if available and affordable, likely to be a min salary ish spot)

SG Import*/Daly (will play most his mins as a pg)

PG Import**/Cadee (sorry a starting pg needs to average atleast 10ppg if we are going to be successful the only exceptions being if they are an elite defender ie D Martin which Cadee is not)

In: Rookie sf (or Brad Hill), Import SG/sf (budget ish), Daly, Import PG (hopefully a stud)

Out: Vasiljevic, Crosswell, Christopherson, Gibson

* Import sg/sf will also share the back up sf minutes with Weigh, unless we find a gun rookie, needs to be able to shoot the 3 at a decent clip and be long and athletic and a good defender 2 names im thinking are Andrew Warren and Ron Dorsey. Likely to be a budget ish import. I'd target guys like Bose, Newley, Broekhoff for this spot and if we can get them go a min salary import back up sf, but consider them unlikely so going import.

** Import pg - needs to be a good scorer, decent shooter, be able to slide to sg and play some mins with Cadee/Daly, needs to be a 'go to guy', this is our stud import spot Ervin would be my priority would also look at Deleon, if we are short of cap space and/or cant find anyone better Ubaka, Gilchrist, Henry and even C. Warren have the skill sets required, but would look at other options ahead of them. Obviously C Jackson would be awesome, but have considered him in the ' cant get' basket, but if i was management, atleast make a call to his agent, but highly unlikely at a guess.

A line up like that would surround Schenscher with enough good shooters especially Weigh and Import say A. Warren, have Creek let loose playing his natural position and plenty of mins at sf and a stud import pg which pretty much seems to be a must in the NBL.

Reply #412488 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Mystro, he might if another team were to offer him a bigger role than he has on the Breakers. Having said that, the ship will probably sail on that idea after this off-season, as in theory Webster will start to get more opps as Bruton winds down.

Reply #412489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"There's a rumour on twitter that AJ Ogilvy might go to the Kings"

It's more than a rumour, it's a done deal.

Reply #412493 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

"Mystro, he might if another team were to offer him a bigger role than he has on the Breakers. Having said that, the ship will probably sail on that idea after this off-season, as in theory Webster will start to get more opps as Bruton winds down."

Employed by a financially secure franchise, part of a winning team, plays and trains close to home and was given another shot after his drugs ban.

be tough for another team to offer more than that especially as you also pointed out that his opportunities will also increase as Brutons career winds down.

Reply #412500 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I'll play. Crocs.

Out: Ben Allen, Mick Cedar, Chris Cedar (expiring contracts), Russell Hinder (organise buyout, is only on chicken feed).

Already under contract: Norton, Blanchfield, Holmes, Crawford.

Re-sign: Ervin and Nevill. But only if they don't break the bank. Sell them on the notion that if they want to win they can't eat up half the cap. Don't pander to them and remind Nevill that he isn't a marquee player until he starts rebounding.

If Ervin wants the world you could do worse than giving Mitch Norton the keys, spending on an import scoring two instead who can also handle the ball to take the pressure off, and shifting PC to the bench in a CJ Bruton-type closer role. Risky though because Norton probably needs another year off the bench at least to cope in the modern NBL with so many great PGs.

Ervin, Norton
PC, Low-rent "system" guy who can defend off the end of the bench. Ervin spends time at the two and so can others so not overly important.
Blanchfield, Steindl or similar
Import 4 - must be able to score at the rim, Holmes
Nevill, Anyone not called Allen or Hinder who can rebound and soak up fouls.

And hopefully they bring in a development player with actual upside for once.

But a lot depends on which coach they bring in and what kind of system/culture they want to run with. Heck if we got Beveridge I'd actually be open to keeping some of the lazy ass guys on this year's team if only because he should be able to get them to run & work. Should...

Reply #412503 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

I said Wagstaff and Boomers as it was reported that Bevo told Wagstaff he needs to be able to defend SF if he wants to make a Boomers squad... He plays hard and should help boost the training but there are better players out there but it's good to see his long range shooting improve. Boomers need that!

Reply #412535 | Report this post

Venom  
Years ago

Edwards, Rychart and Williams have all been told to look elsewhere ie. wont be re-signed. Taipans have already targeted 2 Centre's and close to a signature. Import most likely given Edwards release but if the 2nd option being an aussie or kiwi coming through, Edwards could be retained.

Shaun Bruce has earned a rookie contract to be Jamar's backup.

Steindl - disappointing he couldn't get more minutes but his inconsistency in defence in training and on the court went against him - if his 3 ball wasn't dropping he was leaking points. Expect him to improve a lot in the off season with a modified off season training plan to fix his decisions in defence - physically he has all the tools.

Grabau - will he or wont he retire ? Club and playing core believe he has 1 year left in him - most likely from the bench as an impact player. He would also tutor Steindl.

Hill ? - not clear, he will look at other offers but wont be surprised if he gets a multi-year deal and take a larger role ie. starter. He could also be replaced with a Weigh as well - but he has roots in the city and knows the systems.

Andronicos is very raw and will play QBL for the Marlins this off season. He has one thing you can't train - height and body mass, but he needs to get more aggressive and work on his positioning/foot speed. Hard worker and he won the Community Service award at the Taipans - kids love him. I expect him to be Dusty's replacement as part of the big rotation with the new Centre/Alex.

Trig finished top ten in rebounds this season - big improvement in his D and his offence will click once he has a dedicated C to help him make room.

Alex - yeah big brain farts this season trying to do too much. He is a champion and is already working on his game with Trig in the gym. Got to remember Dusty missed 2/3-3/4 of the season again and the other bigs are playing extra minutes and out of position. With a healthy backup C and Starter C, Alex can play less minutes and be more effective.

Reply #412543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers
Import/Goulding
Gibson/Massingale
Cheap import/Greer
Worthington/ walker
Ballenger / gruber

Reply #412559 | Report this post

John Richards  
Years ago

36ets
Pg Ervin/Daly
Sg cadee/ import
Sf/ weigh/creek
Pf peach/pero
C dj/Luke

Development players
Adam Doyle
Jan warbout
Josh Dobby/Local/ Luke... ( Adelaide had 2 boys over during the season for a week or so one kid luke from Tasmania who I think is playing in the tassie league. Then also a kid josh from Victoria who I think is playing in the big v state champ. I think they will take one of these two kids

Reply #412564 | Report this post

Jason  
Years ago

Dann, Bruce and martin have been told that there not invited back to the kings next year. Plus the 2 imports were told to take a pay cut if they wish to return.

So kings have opened with a huge change of getting rid of some useless bench spots.

Reply #412609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bruce would get picked up by someone as a starter or 6th man wouldnt he? Is he someone the 36ers should look at as a 5th starter/6th man?

Reply #412654 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Wookie, don't you think a Crosswhite/ Ogilvy frontcourt would be horrendously slow? Would be too easily exploited by more mobile bigs in the NBL IMO.

I dunno... I was looking back at the Sydney game of the London qualifiers and AJ was guarding Mika for the most part and apart from some lapses in concentration, he was matching up on him fairly well, and you'd rate Mika as a pretty good measuring stick, I think? Certainly has to work on his lateral movement, but I think if he's got that hustle, then hard work can certainly make up for anything he's lacking...

AJ worked out with the Kings last off season, so hopefully Shane had a decent look at him then and saw how he could fit within the team...

Dann, Bruce and martin have been told that there not invited back to the kings next year. Plus the 2 imports were told to take a pay cut if they wish to return.

I'm tossing up whether to be a bit surprised about Bruce being included in that bunch... He's got some upsides, but maybe work ethic, concentration, outside shot factors might have piled up? Depending on any particular big name or big import signed for the back court, he could have really beefed up our bench a bit...

As for the imports taking a pay cut, I think this is where this comment might fall over in regards to credibility, as I doubt that Henry would have been on much this season, and after two POTWs, I don't see how they can really justify it, other than hardball tactics... Plus whoever thinks that Lazare will be back with the few clashes he's had with Hammer, then you're dreaming...

Reply #412655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would like to see this for the Kings
Import (Henry would be all good if cheapish/Bruce
Madgen/White
Import 3/4/Harvey
Reutrning Aussie PF Nielsen or Oglivy/Cheap PF
Crosswhite/Garlepp

Reply #412659 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Henry was cheap. Hard to get much cheaper.

Reply #412663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I remember there was an article recently saying the Kings and Bruce were well advanced in contract negotiations.

Reply #412665 | Report this post

Jason  
Years ago

This comments have come from a player in the kings organisation.

Bruce won't be back. He was in Shane's dog house at the end of the season ( behind close doors)
Dann and Martin have been in his dog house for a few months now, word was Shane tried to make a change mid season with 1 or even both

I think you will find the kings are playing hard ball on the contract negotiations because Henry was injuried and there looking for a little more size and consultancy from there point guard.

AJ did work out, there said to have committed to 1 player coming back but Shane is said to be keeping it close to his chest.

Reply #412669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That would make sense possibly, article was a few weeks ago now.

Reply #412670 | Report this post

red45  
Years ago

I'd like to see Aaron Bruce to Cairns, as back up point guard to Jamar, along side brother Shaun (Development player)

Great combo there.

Reply #412725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yea a Cairns line up of

Wilson/S.Bruce
A.Bruce/Grabau
Gliddon/Steindl
Loughton/Import pf/c
Tragardh/?? at worse Dowdell

Could be good imo

Reply #412740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns will chase Bruce as replacement for hill from what I have been told.

Will come back to hurt Sydney if they loose AB as he can play and guard two positions very well.

Reply #412788 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:24 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754