J
Years ago

pioneers get the w

As the title suggest the Pioneers beat Knox by 23, 86 to 63.

Erik Burdon led all scores with 28 in another fine performance in a well balanced team performance with Tom Daly, Jan Warbout, Matt Sutton and Lukass Blicavss all performing beyond what the box score might suggest. With the import Titus Robinson incredible tough run with the referees continuing significantly restricting his impact. To balance that out Knox import Lester Strong's minutes were also limited in a similar manner but with Warbout nullifying him when on the court.

This win puts the Pioneers at 2 and 2. A fantastic start considering Ben Allen and Brad Hill are yet to join the team and Daly and Warbout's involment has also been limited over the first three games.

Coach Hill will continue to work the boys on the training track this week and integrate Allen and Hill into the lineup for this friday's home game against Canberra at the ice house and the away game against Kilsyth. With a 5 and 2 record after next weekend a real possibility!

Surely Eze must be in consideration for the Sixers next year. Why must me get imports such as Christopherssen and Massigale to play as shooter of the bench. Surely Eze is more than capable of filling this role and is a local!

Let's go Pioneers!

Topic #31334 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great win to the Pioneers but Oh my god was it over officiated, the bald bloke was on a mission.
Both teams in foul trouble all night.

Reply #412484 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Mcfarlin gets a good run from the refs too.No 3 seconds in key way last night.Minimum 10.Could of built a house in there.

Reply #412491 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

If Eze can have a season like last years then he must be considered for a spot in an NBL roster.

Reply #412494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I said it when SEABL tipped them as last in their pool & I'll say it again, Pioneers are going to surprise a lot of people this year & it's not impossible that they'll pull off an upset championship just like the Bandits did last year. They have a very well-balanced team.

Reply #412496 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eze too small to play NBL, wont be able defend and he'll get monstered by other bigger stronger guards.

Reply #412504 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Eze is a lot bigger than he used to be! im suggesting he will play large minutes but think he could fill a 9th man type roll who can come on and get run on a put some quick points on.

Yes very over officated! and th bloke your talking about was Tim Clark who is the head of SEABL refs!!

I think you were referring to Lester Strong as opposed to McFarlin. McFarlin plays for Bendigo... and is getting some crazy numbers so far this year particularly on the boards!

I agree very well balanced and if they all fit together lookout!!

Reply #412505 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Burdon could play that Ng role. Would've been more useful than SC this year.

Reply #412523 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

thanks Isaac thats what I was trying to say! not that it would have been diificult to be more effect than sc this year. I think he should have been signed instead of Massingale to begin with.

Reply #412547 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Pioneers now all Adelaide boys!?

Reply #412864 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:26 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754