Happy Days
Years ago

SEABL Week 3

Frankstons import out with an ankle 6-8 weeks. Would you get another import or an NBL player? Janev didnt play on the weekend. Got suspended playing NWBU so i dont know whether that had an impact.

Topic #31350 | Report this topic

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

I'd be getting another import and try and get an NBL player ASAP to fill the gap on a short term deal (as most NBL guys whom wanted to play all year have already got deals)

Reply #412753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Janev didnt play because he had a commitment in Sydney.

Reply #412760 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Thought they may of been the case as his suspension only applied to NWBU.

Reply #412770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bandits drop both. Kilsyth winless. Sabres win both.
Spartans lose another. The list goes on.

Reply #412777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The only surprise about the Bandits position is that they managed to beat Geelong. Otherwise they are performing just as anybody with more than half a brain could have predicted. They are not the same team without Ferguson & talk of them repeating is utter rubbish. I still can't believe that the SEABL preview had them finishing top of their pool.

They looked like rabbits caught in the headlights against Knox & nobody including the coach seemed to have any clue how to turn things around. They took the same number of shots, had almost identical rebounds & turnovers & the foul count went their way but while Knox were scoring easily, Albury was struggling to get decent looks. The coach laying the blame solely on the players certainly isn't going to help them improve.

Good to see some other long time cellar dwellers are showing signs of life with Mt Gambier & Canberra looking competitive. Mt Gambier could even "chuck a Bandits" & win the thing.

Reply #412790 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Spartans have signed Mitch Norton and Brendan Teys. Good crowds mean more $$$ and more players.

Reply #412793 | Report this post

buck  
Years ago

I am going to a Sabres match in a couple of weeks time, which players should i watch out for???

Reply #412796 | Report this post

BigRed  
Years ago

No talk of ballarat who are now second in their conference, having appointed a coach very shortly before the season started and having then had to recruit after that. Almost a complete different team, lots of kids getting a run and Lucas Walker is yet to play for them. Dave Flint is doing an awesome job with them!

Reply #412799 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

They were is desperate need of a PG so Norton is a good pick up for Brisbane...as i think Tueta is out injured for a while.

That said can't believe they dropped that game to Nunawading whom played without Conn or Cameron (Must be to far to travel for those blokes!)

Mt Gambier will go close wonce they get there full side back together and are a real smokey this season.

Reply #412800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, Ballarat doing very well under Flint with minimum preparation time & major roster changes.

Reply #412802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why does Payne get does much love from the coach?

Reply #412834 | Report this post

VP  
Years ago

Ballarat are certainly playing better than most expected. David Flint has this young team playing really well - better than Molloy would have done.

Not sure if Walker will help the team balance but I'd say they will more than likely play finals.

Watched them against Canberra on live streaming and they looked like a team that had been playing together for a few seasons not a few weeks.

Camontae Griffen can flat out shoot - he will win Canberra there fair share of games.

Geelong absolutely smashed Kilsyth at the Arena - no contest.

Good to see the Pioneers have won again this time against quality team in Knox - they will be tough at home.

Reply #412837 | Report this post

Vesta 61  
Years ago

VP you obviously don't get it. Molloy put together and developed the players on the Ballarat roster as well as rebuilt the club from scratch. Then the club finds bucks for a second import and walker after he's left. They're just riding on his coat tails now.

Reply #412841 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most of the team Molloy built are gone.

& as to the Payne love affair from Chalmers, bloody good question and you could also ask what Watson brings to the mix. I'm calling it now, Bandits won't make the playoffs.

Reply #412849 | Report this post

VP  
Years ago

I think thats correct Anonynmous and most of the D-League players that were travelling from Melbourne each week are also all gone.

So this Miners team is almost a complete rebuild so to not only be competitive but to be 3-1 is a credit to the players and coach who is there now.

I can't see how all these current players have all benefitted from Molloy's time in Ballarat when they weren't part of the Miners Senior program.

Reply #412851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree VP.

I'm going to have to register here some time so my wisdom can be given due credit by future generations ;)

Reply #412853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only one Molloy has had anything to do with is Fisher and Bruce.

Molloy is a overrated coach and has some of the worst people skills ever for a coach. I shutter to think what the poor kids at the ACB are being treated.

Reply #412863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're all wrong. Why don't you ask the players about Molloy's impact rather than speculating. Also he did recruit or develop all the current roster for SEABL and youth league too except for the new import and walker. I would reckon the acb kids are doing great.

Reply #412871 | Report this post

POWER  
Years ago

What happened to Calvin Henry from Frankston? Why is he not playing this season for Franskton he was one of the best in the league last season.

Reply #412921 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Calvin Henry playing in Victoria for Mildura DII

Reply #412929 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Cal was going to play in Hungary which would of meant he would of missed the start of the SEABL season. As a result Frankston went looking for a big inside outside.

Reply #412934 | Report this post

POWER  
Years ago

OK thanks so is he playing in Australia yet or is he still in Hungary and if Frankstons import is out for a fair while would Frankston get him back?

Reply #412960 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Hes at Mildura. Frankston have to decide whether to get another import or an aussie.Considering how long it takes to go through immigration that wouldnt be an option so they will look locally. Maybe a former club great???

Reply #412963 | Report this post

Stewie23  
Years ago

Sabres were missing Crosswell and 2nd import on Tas trip so would be very happy with 2 wins. Geelong are way ahead of the pack.

Reply #412983 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Whos Sandringhams new import. All i know is he is a 3 man.

Reply #413011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's going to be interesting to see how Albury reacts to the homecoming of Jazzmar Ferguson when the Braves defeat the Bandits this weekend.

The Bandits are clearly not the same team without him & will struggle to make the playoffs. Vann is a great player but he's no Ferguson. Meanwhile, the coach is blaming everybody but himself for the team's lacklustre performance. The players matched it with the Raiders in just about every statistical category last week so it's not a problem with effort. It was that their offense lacked any sign of structure that resulted in them shooting garbage. They are lacking effective plays or a playmaker or both.

Reply #413520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Payne will get them over the line. Go Bandits.

Reply #413538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Like he did last week? Hahaha.

Reply #413558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Bandits will implode and finally people realise how valuable a player Fergusson was and why he left.

Reply #413576 | Report this post

cool  
Years ago

nunawadings teagan cuningham out with broken toes 6 weeks, big loss,to miss bendigo game first up

Reply #414213 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cunningham out is huge, massive loss for them in an already shallow line up, can't see them winning a game without her.

Reply #414216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Canberra are missing a few starters due to injury. I expect them and Sandringham to be fighting for that 4th spot in the East. I dont think Frankston are up to it.
At this stage it looks like the Tassie teams and Knox for the last spot in the south.

Reply #414224 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:47 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754