Jack Toft
Years ago

R2 ABL Action

A sneaky little double round, but first, the Saturday night games.

North v Woodville @ Hillcrest
Women: North coming off a good win will want to keep momentum on their side. Woodville with a bit of work to do will get better each week, but Rockettes to blow up their hopes like a North Korean dictator. Rockettes by double figures
Men: =GOTR. Roll up your sleeves for this working class blockbuster. Woodville have been sniffing around the mark for a few years and this could be their season. North have been consistently in finals and Pero knows what it takes. North played better after he got ejected last week. Maybe he should eject himself early. (just don't do it in front of the Foxtel camera) The smart money says North at home and they should, but this could be the one Woodville steals.

Mavs v Flames @ AHRC
Women: GOTR. The Flames annihilated the Tigeresses last round and look set to keep it going this round. Mavs should start to worry if Simon gets a red tassled Fur Cossack hat, grows a goatie and arrives on a yak. World domination of the CABL awaits. There will be resistance, but Flames are dangerous in the hills on fire ban days. Flamettes.
Men: Flames down in a thriller last round and the Breheney boys were on fire for the Mavs. Not even an army of flesh eating zombies will save the Mavs tonight, although fitting them into the stadium would be interesting if Mt Barker planning laws permitted it. Flames by plenty.

Sturt v South @ Pasadena
Women: South were missing some big names last week and if they suit up will help the cause, but Sturt will be too strong at home. What treat will the Sturt girls bake up tonight?
Men: Ah Sturt, rub them in the dirt. With both teams coming off of losses expect a game that is more intense and in your face than an ex wife with a late CSA payment. It’s Adelaide and so with Sturt fans split along Unley, PAC, Scotch and Saints Boys lines, I expect they will argue amongst themselves in the stands whether PAC stole the Gosse Shield (Head of the River rowing) last weekend, or should it at it’s rightful home at Hackney High. South will put up an effort, but Sturt will pop champagne and enjoy caviar at their expense.

Tigers v Bearcats @ Morphett Vale
Women: Bearcats shot poorly last round and Tigers had a difficult first up challenge. If the Bearcats shoot as badly as they did, they will keep the Tigers in the game. Otherwise, this will be a Tiger hunt.
Men: =GOTR. If the Tigers can continue their good start, this will be a good game. The Bearcats are the biggest team going around, but are they the baddest? I don’t dare call them the ugliest. You don’t argue with guys who wrap their bacon in bacon. Tigers will want a fast game, 'Cats will want to slow it down and feed their big men in the key. Only the brave would tip against the Bearcats, especially if DJ is playing.

Topic #31377 | Report this topic

zippitydodah  
Years ago

great job again Jack wished I had your turn of phrase or the time you put into it. Well done appreciate your efforts!

Reply #413312 | Report this post

Rhythm Willie  
Years ago

And Sundays games?

Reply #413462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How to skin a Tiger.

Burn it first then send in a bearcat

Reply #413505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what is a bearcat??

Reply #413507 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bearcat

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also known as the Binturong, a viverrine mammal from Southeast Asia.

Reply #413521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Scary

Reply #413524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No,those bearcats are from Brazil

Reply #413543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree, you do a really great job, hope u have the time to continue, very entertaining

Reply #413601 | Report this post

Seen a few "bearcats" in my time. Some pretty, some scary...

Reply #413646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL

Reply #413653 | Report this post

Lockie  
Years ago

Half time.

Bearcats 42 Tigers 32

Mahony 8pts 4 assists. Nairn 9pts 4 boards for Bearcats.

Zecevic 12pts 8 boards 4 assists and 4 turnovers for Tigers.

Tigers turnovers of 14 hurting them. Bearcats 8 turnovers for the half.

Reply #413699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood Women won comfortably. Madgen was nullified pretty well.

Norwood had 4-5 players all very close to double doubles. Great team effort

Reply #413701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woodville women beating nort

Reply #413704 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you have it the wrong way around. North women in a close one.

Reply #413708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who won mens sturt vs south ??

Reply #413721 | Report this post

good game  
Years ago

Well bearcat men only just got up won by 8 after only being 2 up with a minute and a half to go!
Fortunately for west Tigers shooting percentage was down especially in the first half
Entertaining game though! the umpires seem to let the sixers players do what they want but when tigers players did similar things fouls were called or no calls
Are the sixers players protected?
and why do the umps talk to them like they are best mates laughing being all budy budy !!!

Reply #413724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stars in their eyes, happens in the girls game to

Reply #413731 | Report this post

Freddy  
Years ago

I was at the west and tigers game and you are talking rubbish. The sixers players were not protected or giving special treatment, I think you will find cadee being on fire from range, and Johnson being potent inside was telling the story. I can't recall one call for both of these guys that was considered to be blatantly wrong or protective. In fact in the last two minutes DJ had the worst foul of the game called against him when a tigers player was going to the rack and in not sure he was even close to him.

Good game I'm not sure exactly what you were watching, and I am usually one to dislike the national league treatment some players get and some refs give, but neither cadee or Johnson received any special treatment last night!

Reply #413740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Freddy you are blind, DJ was throwing elbows and initiated forced contact going to the bucket on clean D and still got a call, Cadee was on fire and the outside game of the bearcats was their potent weapon (shame they don't bring it like that at th 6's games aha)
The referees were kinda lopsided and well with West in foul trouble early in the 4th and Tigers coming home strong all of a sudden the fouls caught up. They looked for tech foul opportunities and the second tech was rubbish because they allowed the first offensive action to occur and on the second the tigers player got tangled trying to repel the player - pathetic call to tech him on that. The unsportsman foul on I think 40 for tigers against DJ was just super reactionary the player jumped for the block knew it was a bad jump and used DJ as a ladder to get back down ahaha it wasn't deliberate aggressive yes he was man handled but maybe I'm wrong.

Reply #413743 | Report this post

Freddy  
Years ago

Yes anon, you are wrong

Reply #413769 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Freddy is a ref

Reply #413770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh well that makes more sense then

Reply #413783 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

ANON you are completely wrong! If you were watching the game you would have noticed that the refs were making some ridiculous calls throughout the entire game! West men certainly had their share of unfair fouls, just as Tigers did.

Reply #413785 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

There was one Tech called for the night and that was on the no game motor mouth Tigers Import who had been warned earlier in the night. He also received a warning for flopping with a couple minutes of the game starting.

Tigers player jumped straight into Johnson and didn't get close to the ball so not much choice, however I think some bumping and pushing by the player unloved at the other end lead to the decision to make it unsportsmanlike.

The older of the two refs seemed to keep the players under control by having a chat to them and a joke, this way done with players from both sides during the game. So to get the Tech the Southern player must have been dribbling a lot of crap. The skinny 12 year old looking ref called the softest of fouls on Johnson late in the game as Southern went to the hoop and I'm pretty sure Hot Spot would not have showen a mark, then Cadee get fouled before ball enters Court which is automatic U but apparently not Saturday Night. So both teams were getting shit and copping shit.

Fantastic effort by Southern played a lot of zone and kept DJ and Truslove reasonably quiet but Cadee was on fire. If Southern can keep McDaniel, Ellison and Johns they can build a team around them in coming seasons.

Reply #413812 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:00 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754