Isaac
Years ago

NBA cancels Boston-Indiana game

For what might be the first time in league history, the NBA has cancelled a game without rescheduling it. In the aftermath of the Boston Marathon bombing incident, the Celtics-Pacers game in Boston has been cancelled. The game would not have had any impact on Finals positioning and match-ups. Both teams would have been likely to run their bench heavily.

I mentioned on Twitter that I thought they could've played a near-silent game (no crowd, no music) as a tribute, but an office colleague assumed insurance and sponsorship could prevent it being that easy.

Topic #31419 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

So is this the first time a team has played only 81 games in an 82 game season? Strange, but the right call to make I guess if it was a dead rubber.

Reply #414154 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

Yeah does anyone know if that this is the first time a team has missed a game for sure?

Reply #414240 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Not sure about missing a game, but random fact Walt Bellamy played 88 games in a season once. Bit off topic sorry.

Reply #414246 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:14 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754